1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Booting then restarting.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by psykosonik, Nov 30, 2004.

1. psykosonik

psykosonik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Lastnight fiddling around with the xbox media centre settings and configuring a file. I then rebooted the xbox for the settings to take effect.

The xbox now turns on i hear the dashboard sound then the drive blinks green three or four times and seems like it is rebooting itself (not making that intro dashboard sound again.) There is no display going through svideo anymore. i havnt tryed normal composit cable yet but im going to try that next when i get home after work.

Anyone heard or have had this problem before?

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    depends what you were configuring!

If you were playing with the region of the xbox then its possible you have put it into NTSC and your TV cant handle that. If so you will need to burn a dvd/cdrw with Enigmah region switcher on it. When you think it has finished loading, press the A button and reboot the xbox (take the disk out). You should be set to go again.

If you were playing with another setting then I cant comment unless i know the setting you were playing with!

3. psykosonik

psykosonik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i recall going through all the settings one by one and i did pass the ntsc setting as far as i know i may of but not 100% changed it to ntsc but would that be an issiue with the xbox beacause my projector being the epson emp-tw10h supports ntsc. i have tried locating the Enigmah boot disc and have been unsucessful. Perhaps i havent been looking hard enough.. thanks for you help!

4. psykosonik

psykosonik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ok i got home and i re-downloaded the "Xbox PAL-NTSC Video Selector.rar" (note: you can easily find this file with google seach engine and typing "Xbox PAL-NTSC Video Selector.rar" it should be the first link.) I then searched through my entire collection of scrambled cds/dvds and found a melody 4x rw disc and just burnt the ISO file with "Nero Burining Rom". After completing the DVD i slaped it in the xbox and with no idea what I was doing I restarted the xbox and pressed "A" on the controller.... :mad: didnt work... then i rapidly pressed "A" :mad: :mad:

With grief i pressed "B" rapidly for about 10 seconds

The flashing stopped....

I waited another 30 seconds...

reboot and

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MANY THANKS TO explicitlyrics for guiding me to sucess on my new xbox and once again enjoying my big screen projector.

5. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    yes sorry for saying A, something made me assume you were in the uk...

glad its all good and working now, thanks for the thankyou pm, always nice :)