xbox blurring+tosh

sheep

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just enabled my modded xbox to ntsc ticked all options i.e 480,720 and 1080 for high def game play, i bought a cheap hi-def kit bit changed the component cables to monster components so only the cable from xbox to switcher box(s-video/component)is cheap original,I have the tosh 46" dlp now prob i have is ghosting/blurring effect on main dash and on games i can see the quality is miles better than standard apart from this has anyone got any ideas i have read about resolution issues,progressive scan etc but being a thick newbie i dont know or is it my cheap connection causing the prob,thanks

sheep

just an update i think it is a progressive scan problem if i disable 480p and 720p but leave 1080i enabled the picture is ok unfortunately 1080i games are few and far between(i aint got one :) ) it says in my manual that the tosh supports prog scan if so any ideas how i get the bl**dy thing to show an un blurred pic on my xbox

Definately your cheap cable.

I bought one from ebay and it was toss.

Buy the Microsoft one......you need to.

all i can say to you guys is i purchased the official ms hidef kit from lik sang and gotta say the pq is fantastic so i can only presume it is the leads your using i would definately recommend you get 1 :smashin:

Oh, I have the MS one NOW!!!

False economy buying the cheap ones. They just don't come close. I'm led to believe it's the shielding that is the problem.

Reference the XBox and HiDef. I have a standard XBox and Sagem 50 (soon to be Tosh 52) If I buy the HiDef cable from Lik Sang can I get an improvement on my existing RGB feed into the TV

Cheers

John

JohnWin said:
Reference the XBox and HiDef. I have a standard XBox and Sagem 50 (soon to be Tosh 52) If I buy the HiDef cable from Lik Sang can I get an improvement on my existing RGB feed into the TV

Cheers

John
i cant compare cables john as ive only ever used the hidef 1 which like i said is truly amazing and judging by what dale says it is a great improvement over cheaper/lesser ones but not sure if you would get benefit from it without having xbox modded because the option to use 480/720/1080 will not show up on a pal box (you have to make it think its ntsc)and so you wont be able to enable them.
you might be better posting in the gaming forum for a more definitive answer.
mort

Do a search in the gaming forums.....all the answers you seek are there!

I think you can use the Enigmah region switcher without having a m*dded console, which will allow you to select the hi def options from the dashboard, but don't quote me.

Like I say, there is a massive interesting topic elsewhere (search pal xbox)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom