Xbox audio issues to Samsung 37'' LCD

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Colonel_Klinck, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I was setting up a friends Xbox 360 with his new Samsung LE37R87BDX 37" LCD TV. The video looks fab but we were unable to get any audio. We were connecting the Xbox using the Xbox 360™ VGA HD AV Cable. Any ideas as to why we can't get any audio? Does it require the use of the Optical Audio Cable? I'm not an Xbox owner and when looking in Xbox menus couldn't see any setting to do with analog or digital audio. Any ideas on this problem gratefully received!

2. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    You have two options. If you have an amp with an optical in then you can use the optical cable. This will give you better sound. If you don't then you can get sound through the TV by using the adapter that came with the VGA cable ( assuming it was the official one ). There should be a 3.5mm sound input next to the VGA connection on your TV. Use the adapter to connect the red and white phonos from the VGA cable to this 3.5mm input.

3. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Sorry i should have said in the original post that i tried the red and white but there does not appear to be a signal coming through. I even plugged them into a scart connector and then plugged that into the tele and switched to that scart channel but still no audio. The TV does have an optical digital in port right next to the VGA port. I guess this is the next step to try but it seems strange that we can't can't get an audio signal from the Xbox through the VGA audio connectors. It is a proper Xbox cable. Is there perhaps a setting in the Xbox we are missing??
    Thx for your help!

4. RoddyKFC

RoddyKFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    When you say you tried the red and white do you mean you used the adapter or plugged straight into the set?

I had this problem originally with may sammy too. There are red and white inputs on the back of the set and i had the audio leads in there and no sound. I was only able to get audio by using the adapter that came with the lead. This 3.5mm jack fits into the socket next to the vga socket as Moogle says.

5. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You know what your right. I own the 40inch version of the same TV and had a proper look in the manual tonight and hey presto. For some reason i thought it was an Optical Audio in port. Doh :oops: As they say always Read The F**king Manual. Thx for the help anyway guys.