1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox as source for a PJ

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dapex, Sep 2, 2005.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Does anyone here use an xbox with Hi-def pack for dvd playback into a PJ? Just curious really as I have 2 xbox's and so I could set one up as a permanent dvd player and use the component output, this will then play divx and from what i can gather pretty much everything i throw at it, which then makes this a much cheaper option than a component output dvd/divx player..

Cheers

Dave

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If You already have the xboxes then yes. That is what I do (though make sure you use the official Hi-Def pack as unofficial ones are worth their weight in bricks) and it looks superb. However you do notice the divx compression a LOT more on a projector. If you have chipped it already then just run the newest build of XBMC and you are good to go, if not I could give you a hand.

3. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Cheers for that, the xbox is already chipped, its actually an old american one I bought before the were released over here. I will try and figure out how to download XBMC and install it. If i get that done I will then buy a remote and a hi-def pack.

Is the divx compression any more visable playing through the xbox than through a decent divx player? The main reason I am wanting to do this is because my dvd player is playing up and the next one i buy will be a decent one with divx and so this is going to have to see me through until i have more dosh.. I like the thought of the new snazio network divx player!!!