1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox and projectors?! please help!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by pastytank, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pastytank

pastytank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all

i am reletively new to the gaming scene and i am hoping for some advice from all u experts.

i currently have an xbox however recently acquired another room in my parents house for my own use and want to link my xbox to a projector. however i know nothing about projectors, and research on the internet has come up with nothing apart from that they are very expensive.

i would like to know what connections/ cables etc does a projector need in order for it to be compatiable? what spec should i be looking for etc.. brightness and so on.

also, i have a limited budget and so am looking for one as cheap as possible but of good quality, where is best to look? i have looked on ebay but there are loads of types, specs and so on. where else is best to look, and are there any types/ makes that i should keep away from?

please help!!

2. Coolit

Coolit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    To hook your xbox up to a projector I think the best route is to use a M$ AV pack. There are two different versions, the first version breaks out to S-Video and a toslink (optical digital). If you want a superior picture quality, the 2nd AV pack that M$ produce is the one you want, it breaks out to component video, toslink and a few others. Component is the connection your after with the toslink to get 5.1 digital sound. You'll also need a standard Component/S-Video cable depending on the route you take to hook it up to your PJ. Best connection available for the xbox without a dought is component.

As far as projectors go there are quite a few budget models including the one I have (see below) which you can get for about £500 now if you shop about. Its an LCD projector designed for home cinema. You'll find lots of reviews and information on it if you search the net, personally I think it represents good value for money. You could go with a newer DLP projector, mabe someone else will suggest a budget one of those for you.

Hope this helps :)

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    This is a duplicate of a thread in the projector forums so i will close this as it does really belong in that forum :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.