1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox and plasma screen burn

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Dreamboy, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm planning to buy an LG 42" plasma monitor and I'm worryed about the screen burn issue when using the display with my XBox. I have a great doubt between LCD or plasme due to this. But 42" are amazing!

I've seen lots of people here that uses consoles with plasma displays and seems no to have any problems.

Can somebody tell me his experiencie with this issue. How many time will take to burn a plasma monitor with a static image or scoreboards in a videogame for example?

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    No probs here mate. Most games don't actually have continuously static screens, so its not really a problem. Just be conscious of the fact that it could happen, so don't leave it on a menu screen for ages. You will find you may have more problems with tv, such as red interactive dots on Sky/ntl.

Its well worth it though :eek: it really puts new life into games.

The one place I've seen screen burn is in an airport - but those screens will be on 24/7 with static borders and text positioning. Normal tv/games use will not be a problem.

3. Dreamboy

Dreamboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad to hear this. Today I was playing TOCA 2 on my current 29" Philips CRT and I was looking at the numbers, time information and speedometer on the game. They are there for maybe 1-2 hours while playing. Some times less if I change to some menus or exit the race. I'm really getting paranoid about this and I still not have the plasma, hehehe.

Of course I will not leave the image paused for hours. If normal videogame use is not a problem I think I will buy my plasma tomorrow. :)

4. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Just wanted to add that I was worried about this as well. I dont use my xbox much at the moment with the exception of breathing life back in to burnout 2. Was playing for about 3 hours the otehr day on my 2 week old PW6 and have had no worries so far :)

5. kingbilly123

kingbilly123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a kid who used the xbox on a Sony 42" constantly. Not had any problems so far.

6. duke748

duke748

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I had no problems at all. Just faint images from games like speedo ( PGR2 ) , Life bar ( Ninja Gaiden ), after 3-4 hrs but these fade within a minute or so of normal tv.

Only thing to do is run any plasma in at low contrast / brightness for 1st hundred hours or so.