sykotik

Distinguished Member
Is it possible the game share on the xbox and pc ?
If so how would I go about it ?
I have my mates his email and password
He also has game pass ultimate.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Hmm, good question, but I don't think it's possible.

Game sharing works by setting your home xbox as his, or vice versa. I don't think you can do that on PC.

Would be interesting to find out definitively though.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Thanks . i thought this would of been something that could done , guess not .

What about an other option , if i was to sign in with his details on my PC and use his account to play the game/s , would it kick him out of his xbox while i was using it ?
i guess yes here !! ( can't have two of the same account running at the same time.)

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
Thanks . i thought this would of been something that could done , guess not .

What about an other option , if i was to sign in with his details on my PC and use his account to play the game/s , would it kick him out of his xbox while i was using it ?
i guess yes here !! ( can't have two of the same account running at the same time.)
Yeah, it would kick him off.

I know accounts part of the same family can share subs, maybe a new account linked linked that way would work? 🤔

Of course, you wouldn't be using your own profile at that stage so you'd forego any achievements etc.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
I'm not one for bothering about achievements .
I just play the game and work my way through it.

Not sure if this an option,
But I might try after signing in with his details, downloading the game ,then disconnect the pc from the Internet and see the game plays ?!

If it doesn't then its no big deal and ill scap the idea.

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
I'm not one for bothering about achievements .
I just play the game and work my way through it.

Not sure if this an option,
But I might try after signing in with his details, downloading the game ,then disconnect the pc from the Internet and see the game plays ?!

If it doesn't then its no big deal and ill scap the idea.
Usually digital games would require the profile to be logged in to verify the license.

I don't think there's going to be a way round it for you unfortunately

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Ok thanks , like i say no big deal , i just pick the game up for the PC at later date ( farcry 6 )

King Tones

Distinguished Member
If you were trying to Gameshare Far Cry 6 it would not work anyway as the Console and PC version are different. You could gameshare between 2 Xbox's but not a game like that with PC.

You could share Ultimate the other way round though, so if you had Ultimate on PC then your friend could login as you on his console and set it as Home and then you would both be sharing Ultimate.

Does not work the other way round though as no way to set your PC as his Home "console"

I am sure that is how @Cha1ky does it on PC and his Sons Xbox.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
If you were trying to Gameshare Far Cry 6 it would not work anyway as the Console and PC version are different. You could gameshare between 2 Xbox's but not a game like that with PC.

You could share Ultimate the other way round though, so if you had Ultimate on PC then your friend could login as you on his console and set it as Home and then you would both be sharing Ultimate.

Does not work the other way round though as no way to set your PC as his Home "console"

I am sure that is how @Cha1ky does it on PC and his Sons Xbox.
Yip, I have 3 years Ultimate on my account so can play all the games on my PC account (That cant be game shared on PC that I know of) and my son plays them on his S console (which can be used for game sharing).

You can do it as my missus plays on the PC with my gamepass ultimate account you have to log in on the PC with your mates details too.

Sorry my bad I thought you just meant share your subscription not actually gamesharing

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom