1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX and Infocus X1

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by explicitlyrics, Jun 27, 2004.

1. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi, I modded my xbox a few years ago and have been helping out for a while. However I know nothing about its compatablilty with projectors! Mainly coz they havnt been at sensible prices before... Anyway I have the xbox in pal mode and will be getting an Infocus X1 Projector and was wondering how compatable they are... Do I need to change video mode (hope not coz i would like it connected to a pal tv too)? I have a high def pack from Gamester (bought from gameplay.com) seems good and works gr8 with my surround but dont know much more. Any help much appreciated - thanks :) :)

2. franc

franc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi there. I can't help you with your question but I got a circular from ebuyer who have a good price on the Infocus X1. Check them out before you purchase. It may or may not save you a few pounds. p.s. Make sure you don't have a problem seeing DLP rainbows before you do go ahead. It does have a slow 2-speed wheel mechanism and rainbows will be more obvious.

regards FRANC

3. Jumble Jumble

Jumble Jumble
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you want to get 480p output you'll have to switch the xbox to NTSC mode using something like the Enigmah Videomode Switchdisc app. It's not really a big deal though.

EDIT: I believe some dasboards (avalaunch maybe) allow you to hold down a joypad button while booting to set the vide mode. You'd have to look around for that, maybe here: http://www.xbox-scene.com

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    If the X1 has component connections then just hook it straight to these and it should play fine as the xbox will be outputting 480i, it might even output 480p as standard, i cant quite remember. This will probably best match the X1 resolution.
    I have a Z2 and the enigmah video switcher on my xbox so output 720p as that best matches my pjs resolution.
    You could get the enigmah but your pj will then downscale the 720p to fit its native resolution.

5. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I see, so to get it to output progressive (the higher resolution) it needs to be in NTSC mode? To put it in NTSC mode means it wont work with my tv when i dont want the projector though. Is there any way round this? Thanks :)

6. twofires

twofires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    with enigmah I think it switches to ntsc then when u turn off ur xbox it returns to pal :)

7. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Do you mean the Enigmah bootdisc? It flashes your eeprom to Pal or NTSC and I don't think it returns to Pal on reboot -- it stays the way you last flashed it.

If you install Enigmah on your HD it's a pretty easy way of quickly switching between PAL and NTSC -- you do have to turn off your Xbox (hard reboot) after you've selected the correct setting in Enigmah: on HD it won't reboot your box or anything.

regards,
    anephric

8. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    sorry, what do you mean it switches to ntsc and back to pal with enigmah? the change made with enigma is permenant and would need to be reversed every time i swicth from tv to projector....

9. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    yes thats what i was checking, it appears that that is the only way of doing it. thanks