Xbox and Hi-Def kit running at 720p is this upscaling dvds aswell???

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Taz69, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +357
    Hi all, while I am still waiting for my xbox hd kit to arrive from fleabay, a m8 of mine bought his box and hd kit over to test it on my lcd, he has xbmc on his xbox and in the options there is something about upsampling to selected res etc.

Does this mean the xbox is upscaling dvds to run at 720p, the info button on the lcd says component 1 is 720p, it runs the madagascar HD sample from the net in awesome quality from XBMC, and Twister R2 Pal, looks much sharper for some reason on the xbox thru xbmc, does this mean it is upscaling them to 720p ?

He also has the NTSC version of Soul Caliber 2, this runs in 720p and its awesome, the info button again says 720p C1, when the xbox first starts it says 480i until he starts XBMC.

Has anyone else had this with XBMC ?

Cheers

Taz

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Basically yes - if XBMC is set up correctly it will upscale DVD's to 720p.

The standard MS Dash DVD player won't do this so it's one reason people mod their boxes to be able to put XBMC on it.

With regards the Madagascar HD sample that's probably in 720p already so isn't being upscaled, rather just being played at it's native resolution.