1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX and GC through the Lumagen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Saltrock, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Saltrock

Saltrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys.

Just plugged in the consoles into the lumagen (component out - component switch box - Input4 on the Lumagen HDP)

There is a noticable delay between the command sent from the controller to the image displayed on screen (not a lot but enough to missjudge a corner on mario kart :smashin: )

Its running at 576i in - 720p out and genlock is on.

Are there any settings I can play with to improve this lag?
    Can the HDP just output at standard res so it doesn't process the picture and show a delay?

Many thanks

Saltrock

2. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Try 576p out - don't think the genlock kicks in when you have a different input / output resolution. (having reread the Lumagen website, providing you are inputting and outputting 50 Hz it doesn't matter what the resolutions are, the genlock feature will work). Still worth trying 576p out though.

3. Saltrock

Saltrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried that, i'm not sure why but only 720p and 1080i work at 50hz without resulting in "no signal" on the panel.

:suicide:

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    GENLOCK is related to the incoming field/frame rate and outgoing frame/field rate. The actual resolution is irrelevant. If Genlock is not active (even when it is set to on in menu) you can see by pressing OK and looking at on screen display.

It is not possible to bypass the processing in the scaler. Perhaps we can ask Lumagen to add a 576i/480i NON SCALE output capability for game players. Saltrock, I'm really tied up today getting office back up and running after move. Perhaps you could post that as a feature request over on the support forum,

Gordon

5. Saltrock

Saltrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do, thanks guys :thumbsup: