1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox and DVD bonus disc problem?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mandlebrot, Dec 26, 2002.

1. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My new Xbox won't play the bonus disc of the Harry Potter DVD yet it plays in a standalone player, is it normal for the Xbox to not be able to play the bonus DVD's?

I know that you won't be able to access the DVD ROM bits, its the normal stuff that my daughter is trying to access.

2. kingbilly123

kingbilly123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Silly question but do you have the dvd kit for the xbox

3. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I do have the DVD kit thats why I'm asking about bonus disk only.

4. robby boy

robby boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    didn't they send out replacement discs for this one son got a replacement and i think this was the reason .
    You had to call a phone no for a replacement sorry cant remember the no

5. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers robby boy, I will try phoning the Xbox help line to see if they know about it.

6. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phone Xbox helpline today, what a bl***y joke. I told them I had bought the Xbox for Xmas and the first thing he said was "the hard drive could be full of game saves sir", Apart from the fact that we had only had the dam thing for 5 days and only got 4 game saves on it, how the hell did he expect that the 6 gig HD was full already. He next suggested the DVD kit was faulty, I said well it plays all the other DVDs including some bonus disc and games fine and it was just the bonus disc from the Harry Potter DVD movie that wouldn't play and was giving a blank screen. I also said that the Harry Potter bonus disc played ok in my standalone DVD player. He then said the Xbox itself must be faulty and to take it back to shop for a replacement, I again said that it played everything else ok and that it had been sugested elsewhere that there may be a compatibility problem with the bonus disc and the Xbox and someone had said that there were replacement disc available and had he heard of this and if so how/where did I get one. He said he hadn't heard of this and for me to take the Xbox back to the shop and tell them it was faulty.

I gave up and this point has my teeth were aching from the constant grinding I was doing in order to remain carm with this moron:mad:

Anyone know who I contact about replacement bonus disc that sorts this problem, if such a thing exist?

7. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    As an aside from your Harry Potter prob, the Xbox helpdesk, did you think they were completely pants, as I have had to phone them on 3 occasions, and each one has been a complete waste of time!

I have had a faulty Xbox(no picture, they asked me if it was all set up correctly and I went through all the cables and said PS2 worked OK through same Scart (TV end, not console end!!) and using same power supply. They then asked if the PS2 was next to the Xbox, as the PS2 sends out electrical signal that deliberately breaks the Xbox), faulty joypad (the adviser asked 'does the little joy thingy work when the Xbox is switched off) and the clock reset problem.

Each time has been a very frustrating experience.

But I think they have one of those 'budget' call centres!!!

8. robby boy

robby boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you had to contact the disc manufacturer was it warners?
    only thing is do a google search

9. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again robby boy, I have now sent Warner an email and await there reply. I will let you know how I get on.

10. deckard

deckard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I have a similar problem with my x-box not recognising the bonus disc of Monsters Inc.

A bit frustrating as it plays fine in my Tosh DVD player.

Still, the x-box is a mediocre DVD player ay best, I think I'll stick to playing Splinter Cell on it. Its what it does best...

Happy New Year!

11. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like you I think my Tosh DVD player is much better but the Xbox is my daughters and she likes to watch DVD's in her bedroom when the main TV is in other use.