1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox and 720P

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by johntaylormfc, Jul 5, 2005.

1. johntaylormfc

johntaylormfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am about to get a new LCD TV and am looking to use my Xbox to display games and films at 720P.

The problem I have is that when I switch of my ModChip I get a screen saying Service Required. Also fomr within the Evolution dashboard when I go to try to go to settings it returns me to the Evo menu. I assume it is the same problem.

What I am looking for is another way to set the resolution to HiDef.

I have used the Enigma Switcher to set my Xbox to NTSC, which I believe should give me that option when I go into settings, but cannnot get in to that screen.

Are there any programs tahat I can use to change the resolution. I have tried XBMC but cannot find anything.

The xbox works fine as it is throught EVox

Any suggestions

Thanks

John

2. The Departed

The Departed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    Hi,

Have you fitted a new hard drive in your Xbox at some point?

If so, I think the problem is that the new hdd is still 'unlocked'. I was receiving a similar message when I upgraded my hdd (only when the mod was disabled) but after locking the drive it worked fine.

Hope this helps :)

3. Matt C

Matt C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My xbox had the same problem.
    I just reinstalled the slayer evo X program (formatting the h/d) and it worked. My hard drive was unlocked.