Xbox All Access (UK)

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Now this is pretty interesting if you don't want to part with a lump sum on day one. No upfront fee, no interest, just the rolling monthly fee for 24 months that also includes 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate. I guess we can consider this the catch.

Screenshot_20200909-225824.png
Screenshot_20200909-225840.png

I get the big-daddy Series X to total to £695.76 at the end of your 2-years. Deduct the console (-£449) and split the difference over 24mths, and your paying £10.28mth for GP Ultimate. This is cheaper than RRP, right?

I'm sure you can get better deals on XGPU subs, but given the payment plan period I think it's pretty compelling as it pushes it somewhat below retail price.

And for the little-brother Series S with less peas and geebees, this comes out to £503.86 over 2 years. Deduct this console (-£249) and split the difference and your paying £10.61mth for GP Ultimate.

Xbox All Access UK

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I already have 2+ years of Ultimate on my account and I read you can't exceed 3-years.

With that in mind I'm curious how the included Game Pass 24 month subs get added. Has anyone done this payment plan previously for an Xbox One S or X console?

I'd like to know if they just outright add 24-months straight to your account, send you the codes to redeem manually, or maybe they just automatically add a 1-mth sub on a rolling basis until the payment plan concludes?

amardilo

Distinguished Member
I already have 2+ years of Ultimate on my account and I read you can't exceed 3-years.

With that in mind I'm curious how the included Game Pass 24 month subs get added. Has anyone done this payment plan previously for an Xbox One S or X console?

I'd like to know if they just outright add 24-months straight to your account, send you the codes to redeem manually, or maybe they just automatically add a 1-mth sub on a rolling basis until the payment plan concludes?

I've a year and a bit left to go for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but I'd like to go for this. I hope they add the Game Pass on a month by month basis.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
And will it be limited to their current two partners?
If so, will they have sufficient stock at launch?

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
The monthly cost is attractive but not sure I want an entry on my credit profile for a games console tbh - I've got plenty of other tech to buy that I need that for :p

mudshark

Distinguished Member
I just got 12 x 14 day GPU codes off eBay for 96p each. They dont stack but redeemed the first one and if you keep reoccurring payments on for now you also get a free month, just remember to turn that off. So thats 7 months for about £11.

I think I will pay for the Series X outright and keep with these codes, whilst it’s a bit of a faff it’s £8 cheaper a month that the Access payments or almost £200 cheaper over the 24 months.

Last edited:

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
I just got 12 x 14 day GPU codes off eBay for 96p each. They dont stack but redeemed the first one and if you keep reoccurring payments on for now you also get a free month, just remember to turn that off. So thats 7 months for about £11.

I think I will pay for the Series X outright and keep with these codes, whilst it’s a bit of a faff it’s £8 cheaper a month that the Access payments or almost £200 cheaper over the 24 months.
Whilst all access is good people seem unaware of the upgrade Xbox live gold to gamepass offer. Using that to get 3 years of gamepass for the price of Xbox live gold will bring the overall price down significantly compared to all access. I know it's now aimed at those people that can't afford the up front payment but it's definitely something to factor in if you can buy outright.

CEEJAYBEE82

So if I was to buy the xbox series x outright, would I get 2 years all access? Or is it just when you pay Monthly for the console through game/smyths?

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
I’ve never bought material goods on credit and I never will, I can’t stand looking at my bank account being slowly drained each month from a million different debits for different things, it’s like dying slowly from a thousand paper cuts...

If I can’t afford something then I don’t buy it, getting it on credit doesn’t even cross my mind. As for the price itself, it’s fine I guess, nothing amazing, but 2 years is a long time to go and pay close to full price for Game Pass.

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
When did EA Access change it’s name to EA Play?, I’d like to think Microsoft and EA had a little chat about the name change so that Microsoft could use Access for the payment plan scheme.

daymouse

Distinguished Member
Whilst all access is good people seem unaware of the upgrade Xbox live gold to gamepass offer. Using that to get 3 years of gamepass for the price of Xbox live gold will bring the overall price down significantly compared to all access. I know it's now aimed at those people that can't afford the up front payment but it's definitely something to factor in if you can buy outright.
How do you do that if you don’t mind me asking.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I’ve never bought material goods on credit and I never will, I can’t stand looking at my bank account being slowly drained each month from a million different debits for different things, it’s like dying slowly from a thousand paper cuts...

If I can’t afford something then I don’t buy it, getting it on credit doesn’t even cross my mind. As for the price itself, it’s fine I guess, nothing amazing, but 2 years is a long time to go and pay close to full price for Game Pass.
My point was more that the All Access method - assuming one can afford the monthly payments - works out cheaper than retail price for the console and combined 24mth Game Pass Ultimate. And part of the appeal is that it also saves the faffing about looking for Game Pass Ultimate codes every few months.

Having said that, I've recently seen Game Pass Ultimate for about £19 for 3mth subs (I think retail price is £15 for 1-mth?), so with this in mind it's certainly much cheaper to just buy outright. Provided Ultimate offers like this keep surfacing that is.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
How do you do that if you don’t mind me asking.
I'd you're a new user to gamepass ultimate Xbox live credit you have converts to gamepass ultimate when you upgrade like for like. So you can sub to Xbox live gold for 3 years then pay the £1 to upgrade all of it to GPU.

If you are happy to.kump through hoops you can buy other region live codes, redeem via VPN the upgrade the lot for about £75.

More details on HUKD below for you if you are interested.

Chromedome

I just asked in the other thread , Smyths or Game for store collection? (or won't in make a difference)

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Apologies for posting in two threads but it applies to both...

So I wanted clarification on the whole GPU issue if you were to buy an S/X via All Access.

I found out via live chat that the All Access 24 months GPU will be baked into the console. So you’ll get an option to activate it there and then on the console when you’re setting up or later (which is done in settings). So if you have GPU until 2023 for example, you can let that sub go down, then activate the 2 years All Access whenever you want.

But I went further....

I wanted to know about the situation regarding buying outright so called Microsoft. Seems a bit unfair that people buying via All Access get GPU for 2 years and not those buying outright.. Now I can’t say whether this person had the right info or not but he seemed very confident that there was going to be a code of some kind (in the box of the S/X, emailed to you or on a receipt) saying that for £/$24.99, you get 2 years worth of GPU....

I literally got him to confirm this 3 times to make sure I had it right (only a technical support dude after all... ) Because for me, £449 + £24.99 (for 2 years of GPU) = £473.99 is a substantial saving. But he seemed adamant that this was a thing and would be announced soon (when pre orders go live perhaps?).

So yeah, massive essay from me, but thought I’d share what I found out. I’ll believe the outright info when I see it but the All Access stuff is a lock.

Jimx26

Apologies for posting in two threads but it applies to both...

So I wanted clarification on the whole GPU issue if you were to buy an S/X via All Access.

I found out via live chat that the All Access 24 months GPU will be baked into the console. So you’ll get an option to activate it there and then on the console when you’re setting up or later (which is done in settings). So if you have GPU until 2023 for example, you can let that sub go down, then activate the 2 years All Access whenever you want.

But I went further....

I wanted to know about the situation regarding buying outright so called Microsoft. Seems a bit unfair that people buying via All Access get GPU for 2 years and not those buying outright.. Now I can’t say whether this person had the right info or not but he seemed very confident that there was going to be a code of some kind (in the box of the S/X, emailed to you or on a receipt) saying that for £/$24.99, you get 2 years worth of GPU....

I literally got him to confirm this 3 times to make sure I had it right (only a technical support dude after all... ) Because for me, £449 + £24.99 (for 2 years of GPU) = £473.99 is a substantial saving. But he seemed adamant that this was a thing and would be announced soon (when pre orders go live perhaps?).

So yeah, massive essay from me, but thought I’d share what I found out. I’ll believe the outright info when I see it but the All Access stuff is a lock.
How is it unfair buying outright and getting no GPU? You are paying £449 and all access users are paying just under £700 over two years.
I can’t see them offering two years of game pass for £24.99 when all access is available. £249 maybe.

Lostsoul 301281

Distinguished Member
Now this is pretty interesting if you don't want to part with a lump sum on day one. No upfront fee, no interest, just the rolling monthly fee for 24 months that also includes 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate. I guess we can consider this the catch.

View attachment 1363207View attachment 1363208

I get the big-daddy Series X to total to £695.76 at the end of your 2-years. Deduct the console (-£449) and split the difference over 24mths, and your paying £10.28mth for GP Ultimate. This is cheaper than RRP, right?

I'm sure you can get better deals on XGPU subs, but given the payment plan period I think it's pretty compelling as it pushes it somewhat below retail price.

And for the little-brother Series S with less peas and geebees, this comes out to £503.86 over 2 years. Deduct this console (-£249) and split the difference and your paying £10.61mth for GP Ultimate.

Xbox All Access UK

This is a decent deal, even if you're only saving a few pennies on the monthly cost of GPU.
I'd rather that than fork over £450 in one hit and then buy what ever subscription I decide.
As it goes, I think I might just end up keeping GPU, if only just for the games I'm semi interested in but don't want to pay full price for or buy only do be stuck with something I'll only play once.

The only thing I'd like more info on is how the included GPU sub works.
Is it a code in the box? Linked to the console and requires activation from a menu?
How will it work if you already have an existing GPU sub?

My GPU runs out late next year, so I think I should be okay adding a further 2 years to my account.
And seeing as I don't plan on getting the Series X until after Xmas I'll have less than a year left on my current sub by the time I get one.

Overall this is a huge win for Microsoft.
Anyone even remotely interested doesn't have to pay up front, and they get an instant games library.
And anyone sitting on the fence may just be tipped over to Xbox on the strength of this.

Jimx26

This is a decent deal, even if you're only saving a few pennies on the monthly cost of GPU.
I'd rather that than fork over £450 in one hit and then buy what ever subscription I decide.
As it goes, I think I might just end up keeping GPU, if only just for the games I'm semi interested in but don't want to pay full price for or buy only do be stuck with something I'll only play once.

The only thing I'd like more info on is how the included GPU sub works.
Is it a code in the box? Linked to the console and requires activation from a menu?
How will it work if you already have an existing GPU sub?

My GPU runs out late next year, so I think I should be okay adding a further 2 years to my account.
And seeing as I don't plan on getting the Series X until after Xmas I'll have less than a year left on my current sub by the time I get one.

Overall this is a huge win for Microsoft.
Anyone even remotely interested doesn't have to pay up front, and they get an instant games library.
And anyone sitting on the fence may just be tipped over to Xbox on the strength of this.
It’s tied to the console. You can choose to activate it on first set up or if you already have more than 12 months game pass you can choose not to and activate it when you need too.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
How is it unfair buying outright and getting no GPU? You are paying £449 and all access users are paying just under £700 over two years.
I can’t see them offering two years of game pass for £24.99 when all access is available. £249 maybe.

With 2 years of Gamepass included.

I'd like to think they'd offer some form of parity to those stumping up the cash in one go.

TayWax

Distinguished Member
But not everybody will want Gamepass. And those people can buy up front. Those who want use all access will have no choice. Not exactly a hardship but it guarantees the additional £250 over the two years to Microsoft

Jimx26

With 2 years of Gamepass included.

I'd like to think they'd offer some form of parity to those stumping up the cash in one go.
Yes and they are paying £250 for it.

Why would they offer parity buying the console upfront? They would much rather you took All Access.

The incentive is they are guaranteed money over two years with all access so you get a small discount.

If you are going to get two years of game pass anyway just get all access or go down the route of acquiring game pass cheaper elsewhere.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
But not everybody will want Gamepass. And those people can buy up front. Those who want use all access will have no choice. Not exactly a hardship but it guarantees the additional £250 over the two years to Microsoft

Most people getting a Xbox Series X/S (whatever variant) will be buying it because of the value that GPU offers with it. That’s literally what Microsoft have been drilling during this whole launch.

It’s not inconceivable to think that inside the box of an outright bought Series X/S, there could be a code of some kind that offers the same as what you’d get if you went All Access for a discounted rate.

Ultimately, this is what the person told me so we’ll see what happens.

TayWax

Distinguished Member
I'm sure there will be a code of some sort. I just can't see them giving away 2 years of game pass for £25. What would Microsoft get out of that?

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom