• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox all access issue

Steve84

Hi last November I took part in the x box all access scheme with smyths through klarna. When I took it out I was told by Smyth's that if I did the one x console after 12 payments I just upgrade straight to what the next gen console would be. I checked that with them multiple times.
Now its preorder time. I had a simple question, what do I need to do to preorder is one put aside as I am part of the scheme, do I need to preorder and still pay the 25 even though I am paying 25 a month or do I just preorder. No one knew and they sent me to talk to klarna but informed me I would have to take out another 2 year finance which was not what I was told.
I have talked to klarna and they said I am only paying 2 years but all updated info on websites are saying its another 2 year finance on top of that and they sent me to smyths regrading the stock again regarding preorder who still don't know.
All in all i have been sent between the 2 companies 6 times with no answers and a worry i will.forced to pay 3 years instead of the 2 I was promised.
Is anyone else in this situation or have any advise.
Thanks

King Tones

Distinguished Member
So do you give your One X back?
I assume you would and then take out another 2 years. You've had the one X for a year and paid so far for a year and now want a new one so you'd start a new finance option for another 2 years. This gives you the option to stop the existing after just 12 months and re-start on a new one. I don't see how you would have a one x for a year and then just pay another year and get a Series X for half the cost.... As other people on the All Access. This just gives you thr option to an early upgrade and ending your current finance option and take out another.

Only Smyths and Finance company can answer this though I guess.

niteowl744

from what i understand its only the us that can upgrade at 12 months, but 1 would think they would do that in all the countrys that take part in the upgrade program. guess its wait and see

its normaly at the 18 month point your payment freeze and they send you a box to return xbox

niteowl744

here is the info you need

To satisfy this requirement, you need to make the equivalent of 18 full payments, unless you purchased an Xbox One X with Xbox All Access before December 31, 2019, in which case you need to make the equivalent of 12 full payments.

Steve84

I am pretty sure it was covered in the UK. Why I took the agreement out. I got the one x in the November to December window which meant the 12 payment upgrade. But now I am worried about refinancing because that genuinely wasn't what I was sold.

niteowl744

To satisfy this requirement, you need to make the equivalent of 18 full payments, unless you purchased an Xbox One X with Xbox All Access before December 31, 2019, in which case you need to make the equivalent of 12 full payments.

your coverd

Steve84

Thanks. My issue now is they will try to refinance me for 2 years which means 600 for a 450 console. After already paying a year for a console I don't get to keep.
Also still no word on how Smyth's are doing preorders for all access members

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Thanks. My issue now is they will try to refinance me for 2 years which means 600 for a 450 console. After already paying a year for a console I don't get to keep.
Also still no word on how Smyth's are doing preorders for all access members

But you got that console for 12 months and now choosing not to keep it and upgrade. You get 2 years of Ultimate as well as the console.

It's like getting a car on HP and then upgrading after a year and saying wait I can't keep my existing car and the new one and only pay for another year....

Unless I am missing something they are just giving you an option to upgrade and come out of the existing finance early as long as you crack on with the new finance option.... Am I misunderstanding this all?!

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Unless I am missing something they are just giving you an option to upgrade and come out of the existing finance early as long as you crack on with the new finance option.... Am I misunderstanding this all?!
Thats my understanding of it too.

Steve84

Its more about the mis-selling it was sold as purely 2 year payment, upgrade the console when it comes out in November. That's it
But now I am being told Its actually refinancing. That wasn't in any of the print or told to me in November 2019.
And I also still don't know how preorders work for Smyth's when you have all access

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I'm pretty sure it would be in the print and doubt you have been miss sold anything and your expectations were just very high thinking you could get both consoles for just 24 payments...

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I'm pretty sure it would be in the print and doubt you have been miss sold anything and your expectations were just very high thinking you could get both consoles for just 24 payments...
100%, i'm not sure why you would think you would get 2 consoles.

I'd imagine its 24 payments or after 12 months you can upgrade and that would then restart the finance on the new one. Which in reality is still quite good as you got the use of the use of the one x and aren't stuck paying that for another 12 months if you did upgrade.

niteowl744

you get the choice keep the one you have and continue paying for it until 24 months, or sent the one you have back to upgrade and start a new 24 month contract,

niteowl744

if you upgrade to xbox series x it will be a new credit check and finance for 24 months, its how it works

niteowl744

you apply for the upgrade via game or smyths toys and you will recive a box in post to send your old xbox back to them, and on relese day you will get new one

mudshark

Distinguished Member
You have to pre-order from the same retailer you originally took the agreement out with I think.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom