Xbox - A Bit Blurry

J

jerkyboy

Is it just me being fussy or is the Xbox not as Sharp as my PS2.

I have a decent TV ( 32" Sony Wega ), a good RGB Scart Lead but it just does not seen to be a sharp as my PS2 ( I have a cheap RGB scart lead for that).

Anyone tried any of the really expensive leads such as the one by Monster. Does this improve things ?.

Is the XB actually plugged into the RGB Socket of the TV - ie. the same socket as the PS2?

my xbox is plugged into the rgb scart on my sony 32" with the offical advanced scart and the picture is very sharp and clear as expected. Check it is in the rgb enabled socket. As some sony's only have one rgb enabled scart even though there are 3 scarts at the back.

I appreciate the advice, but I am not a doughnut.

Both my PS2 and Xbox are connected via RGB, my point is just that the Xbox is not a crisp/sharp as the PS2.

Its not a massive difference, but I can definately notice.

I'm glad we have established that. As a rule I don't talk to doughnuts or cream puffs....you're not one of those are you?

If it's all connected up the same then there shouldn't be a difference. The XBOX is not lower resolution than the PS2 or anything like that.

On some tv's you can configure the scart sockets to be rgb or non-rgb. Might be worth a check.

I called out the panny techs about my tv before because i'd forgotten to enable the dts on my 4th scart socket.

Didn't even realise!

I normally wouldn't consider myself a doughnut either!

i noticed the same. my XB just isnt as sharp as the PS2 for some reason.

The xbox via the official RGB scart cable was pretty poor on my old sony 50hz too. Nothin close to the PS2 and the Gamecube.

The xbox is no way near as sharp as it should be.

I booted the saturn up the other day and when I went back to the xbox it was really noticable.

Maybe earlier/later versions are better than others ??

But my USA one and Pal one are both pretty poor, not so noticeable when in game but menus etc. are quite bad.

It is more blurry than the ps2 but still not that bad for a console...I suppose

It could be because the xbox is geared toward progressive displays. I bet its not blurry in 480p!

it is definately NOT blurry on my 32" sony. The picture is nice and sharp.

compared to the Gamecube it is still blurry in progressive mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom