1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox -720p etc, AV pack questions

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mrbcool, Sep 20, 2005.

1. mrbcool

mrbcool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Sorry I'm sure this will be easy for someone to answer.

I have a chipped Xbox (Alpha chip I think as it has a AV Lauch setup).
    Anyway from the settings I cant change any of the video modes, i.e widescreen, or 720p etc, it just says something about the EPROM?

Any ideas? Is it just that I need an AV pack? if so I've read on here you need to get the official one for the best PQ, and they arent sold in the UK, I found one on ebay for £22.99+postage (£5).

Any advice would be grealty appreciated as going to be buying a LCD within a month and want to run at higher rates and also link to my surround.

2. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    You should change the screen abilities in the Eprom setup screen first. At least thats what I have to do.

I first turn on my xbox holding down controller ones white button, this takes me into my chips bios allowing me to turn it to NTSC and then enable various HD modes. Once you have enabled them you need to run NTSC games as from my understanding, PAL ones do not support hidef. Also, games that do are mostly 400, with some supporting 700 .... I don't know about any supporting 1080.

You have not mentioned which chip you use. Av Launcher=Avalaunch(?) is whats called a Dashboard/program launcher which runs on top of a bios in much the same way Windows run on your PC bios (albeit, much simpler!). When you boot your xbox you should see some sort of logo blasted across it as its powering up. To be honest i've not even heard of an "Alpha" chip but that by no means suggests it does not exist!!!! :)

Sound: You may also need to enable Dolby Digital in your bios as well. Once this is done and you have purchased a HiDef cable (this comes with an optical/SPDIF out) you can connect to your amp and get full DD. This is much easier to deal with than the video :D

If you can confirm which mod chip you have then I maybe able to help you some more. Try booting the xbox and holding down the little white button.

You might also want to try the xbox-scene.com forums.

Good luck!

3. mrbcool

mrbcool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Good Morning

Yeah thats the cable you need. Should link to almost everything out there that supports hidef.

As mentioned, if you can supply me the make/model of the chip then I can help you further.

All the best and good luck!