Xbox 360 wont play again now?

tollmanuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, Following on from my last thread where i was asking about XVID playback, i eventually installed the updatte and the XVID file worked fine.

Today i burnt a episode of Prison Break on to CD and it wont play this for some reason, but it will play the last cd i made. I then compared the files on my computer and the video it did recognise and play was a DiVX 5 codec avi(DX50) and it was 25fps (PAL)....however the video i was now trying to play unsucsessfully was a XVID codec avi with 23.976fps.

I thought that maybe it would only work if it was 25fps pal format, so i used virtualdub and changed it to 25fps. Reburnt it on a CD and still nothing.

Anyone know what ive done wrong. I thought it was supposed to play XVID as well as DIVX?

it does - I know this may be no use but I would seriously look into streaming them direct from the PC rather than burning them out each time. You dont need any special software on the PC other than windows Mediaplayer 11 and its a pleasure to use. The only issue is getting the PC and Xbox connected - I dont know anyone who burns video out eachtime (not to mention the noise the DVD drive makes)

The frame rate doesnt make any difference by the way I would no bother converting it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom