Xbox 360 with Samsung LE32R73BD 32"LCD HD Ready!!

marchowie

Standard Member
hi does anyone own this tv if so i would love to hear how the xbox 360 looks and also sounds on it as im thinking of purchasing for my bedroom to play the 360 on , currantly im playing it on a 42" samsung its gr8 but can never get to play as my dads always watching tv on it haha so if you guys can help me out here i would be very grateful also the model number of the 32" is LE32R73BD thanx very much guys :hiya:

This is a link to the pics of the 32" lcd and a pic of the 42" plasma i sometimes play xbox on

http://usera.imagecave.com/marchowie/

st4fore

hi does anyone own this tv if so i would love to hear how the xbox 360 looks and also sounds on it as im thinking of purchasing for my bedroom to play the 360 on , currantly im playing it on a 42" samsung its gr8 but can never get to play as my dads always watching tv on it haha so if you guys can help me out here i would be very grateful also the model number of the 32" is LE32R73BD thanx very much guys :hiya:
I have this TV mate, and run my 360 through component, looks the absolute nuts :clap:

marchowie

Standard Member
nie one St4Fore how big is the 32 is it big enough or not big enough cos im going from a 42 to a 32 im thinking it might be some size differance but most probably better quality ?? how easy was it to set up by the way ?? how much did u pay for it im getting it for 640 with some thing that if it breaks 10 months down the line i send them it back and they give me a voucher for the price i paid for the tv to buy a new one i think that a bargain m8 :thumbsup:

mattg

if it broke ten months down the line, you would be able to push for a full refund anyway under the sales of goods act. Certainly get a replacement for the first 12months.

sh18

Novice Member
ive got the 26" version and running GOW through VGA it looks beautiful (if you can use that word for GOW!):smashin:

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
Hey marchowie.

I have this TV and I can tell you...the 360 looks FANTASTIC on it. I have it connected through component and it's stunning. Just waiting to use my HD-DVD drive at xmas.

A couple of points...I don't use the 'game' mode this TV has. For me it loses some detail. Also, the built in speakers aren't the best, so you'd need some kind of amp if you wanted good sound. I paid about £600 for this set a few months back when it was released. Long story why I got it so cheap. It's my main TV and it seems to suit the 360 very well indeed.

Seems you've got a good deal there mate. Go for it:clap:

Benny06

I have the R74 version, GOW thru component looks the business. The difference between the r73 and r74 is the colour of the strip along the bottom, with some other things i think. Mite have different firmware etc etc? as it was the latest one out, and imo looks better, maybe sum1 can help further? can get the r74 for about £600 now

st4fore

nie one St4Fore how big is the 32 is it big enough or not big enough cos im going from a 42 to a 32 im thinking it might be some size differance but most probably better quality ?? how easy was it to set up by the way ?? how much did u pay for it im getting it for 640 with some thing that if it breaks 10 months down the line i send them it back and they give me a voucher for the price i paid for the tv to buy a new one i think that a bargain m8 :thumbsup:
Well i went from a 32" CRT so the 32" LCD looked bigger IMO. The qualiy is stunning, plus its got built in freeview, all you need to do is runa HD trailer through the 360 to see how good it is! I paid £730 back in february so had it a while now!

Oakey

nie one St4Fore how big is the 32 is it big enough or not big enough cos im going from a 42 to a 32 im thinking it might be some size differance
At a guess... I'd say about 10 inches difference. I could be wrong though, perhaps someone can verify this?

timmay73

Standard Member
ive got the 32" samsung thru component cable and the pics brilliant!especially call of duty3, cant wait to see the pq of hd-dvd on it!:smashin:

Kimafy

Novice Member
I have the 32" model and have to agree with the other posts, xbox360 picture is fantastic! go for it.

Tallpaul27

Standard Member
I have the the 32" Sammy and am running the 360 & HD DVD Drive via a VGA cable. Have set up the TV correctly and the VGA looks every bit as good as component on Games and HD DVD's, i honestly can't tell the differance between component and VGA, they both look great; but it'll also upscale SD DVD via the VGA cable ;)

The sound isn't great but it's not bad either. Lacks any punch but you can hear everything clearly enough and it tries it's best to 'project' some of the background noises.

rsim8123

Standard Member
Hi, I am thinking of buying one of these and was wondering what normal sky digital looks like on this? Also how is their xbox 360 connected vga or component?

Thanks