xbox 360 wireless wheel help forcefeedback?

Eratic

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a 360 forcefeedback wheel but the forcefeedback just wont work on anything

i found this on wikipedia:
Recall

On August 22, 2007 an announcement on the official Xbox website stated that Microsoft will retrofit for free all the Wireless Racing Wheels that were manufactured during 2006 and 2007. This is due to a component in the wheel chassis that in rare cases may overheat and go up in smoke when the AC/DC power supply is used to power up the wheel[3].
There have also been known cases of wheels not working or losing the power of force feedback when stored in places that the temperature is below 32° F (or 0° C).
According to Microsoft the retrofit of the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel is only required on products with SKU numbers 9Z1-00001, 9Z1-00002, 9Z1-00003, 9Z1-00004, 9Z1-00009, 9Z1-00011, 9Z1-00012, 9Z1-00013, 9Z1-00017, 9Z1-00018 and Wheel part numbers X809211-001, X809211-002, X809211-003, X809211-004, X809211-005.
The SKU number can be found on a label on the bottom side of the retail carton and the Wheel part numbers are found on a label on the bottom side of the dashboard assembly. Any SKU or Wheel not included in this list will not require the retrofit.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_Wireless_Racing_Wheel#cite_note-3
my wheel is coded X809211-002 what should i do?? who do i contect??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_Wireless_Racing_Wheel#cite_note-3

Mine works fine didnt even bother with retrofit whateva that was.
What games u tried? Powered up properly with mains powerpack?

the light where the button is to sync to your console is like orangey amber couler should this be green?

Yeah should be green i think but have seen it that colour before. You sure the mains lead is working ok and getting it power? No battery pack in aswell so that u wouldnt tell that mains was dead?
If not and all is ok then may say it's dead. Unusuall.

i just took out the battery pack and changed the batterys when i took it out it was still on amber then i insterted the fresh ones in and now its just flickering faintly green every so often im not useing the original xbox power supply but i am using a 12v 1000ma power supply like it says on the bottom of the wheel it could be the power supply but i cant find out anywhere what the original power supply volts and amps is

No need to use battery pack when using mains.
Yeah id say it was the supply u are using causing the problem. Did u buy 2nd hand or somthing? why u not got proper mains lead?

yer its 2nd hand do you know where i could get a original one from or find the power output of the original ie looked everywhere for it

na not Sure sorry, Ebay prob only place to get one tho, if at all.

But my bet is it was sold without supply with faulty feedback. :mad: Id still want to get a hold of proper mains lead to try tho.

yer i just worked out that im the stupid one i was using a 12v 1000ma power instead of a 24v 1000ma supply that it says on the bottom of the wheel its me for not reading properly i think it will work if i get a new one its orange because there is only half power goging into it and slightly green because the battery pack will be giving it an extra 3v but still only 15v not the 24 it needs sorry for wasteing ure time

yer i just worked out that im the stupid one i was using a 12v 1000ma power instead of a 24v 1000ma supply that it says on the bottom of the wheel its me for not reading properly i think it will work if i get a new one its orange because there is only half power goging into it and slightly green because the battery pack will be giving it an extra 3v but still only 15v not the 24 it needs sorry for wasteing ure time

No problem.

yeah when u said 24v i clicked. Should work if u sort proper supply, Good luck sorting it.
Put up a wanted add in the classifieds someone may have dead wheel with old power supply. never know. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom