Xbox 360 Wireless Headset advice

Ewan154

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Getting ready to buy a Xbox 360 Wireless Headset. Just wondering if they are any good? Some people have written reviews saying that the voice sounds terrible and they break easy.

Any advice? suggestion?

i bought one the day they came out and never had any issues with it,the only thing i didnt like was it wasnt chargable via a usb lead,it had its own plug to charge but i believe they are now equiped with a usb charging lead.

Thanks for the reply.

They are top draw. In terms of comfort compared to the wired headset they are a head and shoulders above. The only issue you may have is if you use Wi Fi, i often forget to switch the wireless off on my laptop and that causes a bit of mic interference. My connection to the xbox is wired so its only the laptop that could ever cause problems.

i use wireless on my computer and my 360 and many other devices and love my wireless headset, people sound so much clearer as well as it being light

it is very good if you have the money, yes it now has the USB charging lead the only downside is once the battery is dead you have to get it replaced (i dont know if M$ will do it as warranty on accessories) as well as remember to turn it off as when the console turns off the headset doesnt

Out of the people that I know have them their voices seem very quiet compared to when they are using the wired headsets.

As far as durability is concerned I've not heard one gripe in that respect.

my friends have never complained of me sounding quieter, the only way they know im using it is they say its clearer and tends to pick up less background noise

Hi ive had connection problems with my xbox360 adaptar, for some unknown reason the red light just stays on and it says not connected when i test the connection. I have tried retyping in my ip address and other settings of that nature and restoring factory defaults and nothing seems to work, im really starting to get annoyed and i just have no idea if anybody could help it would be much appreciated thank you!

my friends have never complained of me sounding quieter, the only way they know im using it is they say its clearer and tends to pick up less background noise

Well I guess it's different on a case by case.

Personally to use 2 examples, one xbox live buddy is very loud and it is seen as a blessing that he voice is a little quieter (in my experience) with the wireless headset.

Another person is quieter and we can barely hear the guy especially while in a game of halo 3.

the wired headsets can be fairly quiet as well as in the earphone

but for the people that sound quiet its just they dont talk loud enough etc so the noise cancelling includes their voice

there very good, not problems with mine
another problem is if that you are charging it and using it, then everyone tes background noise (humming)

1 thing of note is the age of your controllers. the headset will only work with newer controllers. i have one older and one newer controller so can only play on live using one of them.

it shouldnt make a difference the age of the controllers it should work no matter what

how do you charge it and use it its quite a short cable and would be annoying

for most people that is not a problem as generally people have newer consoles and/or newer controllers that have been bought so i expect few with have problems on that side of things

for most people that is not a problem as generally people have newer consoles and/or newer controllers that have been bought so i expect few with have problems on that side of things

i'm sure you are right. i am amazed how little this was discussed on t'internet. i only knew about it after reading the headset review on play.com.

i was thinking about getting a wireless headset, but went for the wired 1 instead. From the reviews I read, the wireless headset tends to be quieter, but better quality sound.

Does anyone know where I can get a Plantronics Gamecom headset at all? Thought I may try them and see how they perform.

i believe the earpiece of the wireless headset can go louder than the wired one

i believe the earpiece of the wireless headset can go louder than the wired one

This has been my experience, strangely I did find it quiet when I first starting using it and did think it was quiter than the wired one, but it almost seems as though it needed breaking in as it's perfectly loud now and very clear, wouldn't want to go back to the wired headset.

Perfect solution if you have a chatpad as the wired headset that comes with that is terrible IMO(muffly).

the wireless headset is brilliant and love using it then am really unhappy when have to use the wired one

but try to use wired as few times as possible

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom