1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Wireless adaptor

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Jwarl, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Jwarl

Jwarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I see from the images that the wireless adaptor has a USB connector rather than RJ-45 ethernet connector.

I have only recently gone wireless and was considering getting a Netgear WGE111 game adaptor for my Xbox. I assume that this would connect to the lan port on the 360 too. Do you think that this is better than buying the 360 adaptor?

2. Corpsical

Corpsical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Well the Netgear is b/g compliant, whereas the 360 adapter is a/b/g . Furthermore while I would guess it would be compatible, there doesnt seem a way to confirm it ... the console isnt out yet.

So as I know that this time I want to get into Live, I've pre-ordered the 360 adapter from Play.com for £55, can always cancel later if it truns up cheaper elsewhere.

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    £55 seems to much for a wireless adapter. How much would one cost for the pc if it could be used on XBOX 360? :confused:

4. daveon

daveon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
  5. Corpsical

Corpsical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    That product isnt a wireless adapter is it? looks like it requires an ethernet cable.

Also the XBox adapter seems to require 'a' compliance NOT just b/g for media streaming, maybe £50+ is a little high but I doubt any third party is going to get a a/b/g wireless adapter out in the near future for anything less than £40ish