xbox 360 Wheel Question?

Marcus96

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am currently a heavy user of my XBOX 360 for racing games. I do have a PS3 downstairs connected to a Logitech G25 with a playseat but for my bedroom with the XBOX 360, I am only using a gamepad (it's fine but it would be better with a wheel).

I am currently looking for a racing wheel that:

- is XBOX 360 Compatible (PC would be nice but not too necassery)
- has Force Feedback.
- has a decent set of pedals.

I am not in too much of a budget but I wouldn't want to go paying about £500+ for the entire CSR Elite Set. Anybody know of one?

You could get the CSR wheel and use your G25 pedals with that! You will need the pedal adapter for that, it's the cheapest but best option at that money and it's multi platform or you pick up a second hand Xbox wheel from eBay! That's the risky option.

Edit: that's CSR wheel and not CSR Elite wheel in case you thought they were one in the same:smashin:

Last edited:
OK Thanks, I have actually found a few Microsoft Force Feedback Wireless Wheels (older version) for arround the £50 mark on eBay, so I may think about one of those. What I will not do is buy the MadCatz Force Feedback Wheel as they break easy and have rubbish pedals aswell as horrible shifters.

I still have my 360 wheel, very good little wheel in its day, but if your looking to have as good a results as your G25 I think the CSR or GT2 are the best options! I also still have my GT2, fantastic wheel for the money, and as my sig says the CSR Elite! thats another ball game all together, outstanding unit, I have never owned a madcatz wheel but I don't think they look worth their money.

I wan't to get the Official Microsoft Wheel for now (Old Force Feedback Version) because it is too hard to find a wheel stand under £80 for the Fanatec Wheels and it will bring the cost upto £400 which I don't fancy spending, so for now, I will get the Microsoft Wheel because I am only wanting it to add a little extra fun to my games aswell as give me better precision for OutRun Online Arcade to see if I can get number 1 on the leaderboard and I think the microsoft wheel will be more than adiquate for that.
Here is my world record run on the PS3/G25 if anybody is interested:

and a run from F4O with the microsoft wheel:

It will total to about £142 with the wheel stand pro and I think it will be worth it!

I have the original wheel and I really love it, race pro and forza are great, for some reason I struggle with arcade games with it.

What arcade games are you playing? I play Sega Rally Online Arcade, OutRun Online Arcade, Daytona USA, NFS Most Wanted, etc. I have heard this wheel is best for arcade game, but what is you problem?

Marcus96 said:
What arcade games are you playing? I play Sega Rally Online Arcade, OutRun Online Arcade, Daytona USA, NFS Most Wanted, etc. I have heard this wheel is best for arcade game, but what is you problem?

Its me mainly its not the wheel I prefer it more for "simulation" feel I have more control if you know what I mean. With the rally games because you constantly going opposite lock all the time I'm worried ill break the wheel I'm kinda aggressive lol. I only have Sega rally game, played need for speed that is pretty fun with it.

Yes, but to be entirely honest, I am not to sure what I want to buy yet. I may leave it a little longer or a few extra weeks to decide, I honestly don't know what to do. If you think the Microsoft Wheel is better than the controller, I may get that for now but I honestly possibly need longer to decide.

Two days later... I have decided on what wheel I am getting and I ordered the Fanatec CSR as I came across some money and decided to get something better than the MRW as I have a Logitech G25 and Playseat Evolution in my PS3 setup downstairs. So for my room, I decided to get a Fanatec CSR as I have heard it is better than the G25 and G27 wheels and also the adjustable modes and compatibility it offers.

Yes you may be thinking, do you know that it doesn't come with a pedals and stuff... I do understand that fortunately lol. the pack I have ordered is the "Fanatec CSR Wheel Value Pack XL" which includes the CSR Wheel, CSR Elite Pedals and the shifter set. I agree that that is extremely good value for £300 deliered to my door in the UK, although it hasn't yet arrived as I only ordered it last night. I think that is good value to say it includes the CSR Shifters and especially the Elite Pedals (even though the standard CSR pedals will be better than the G25 pedals I decided to go a little higher tech here but I didn't bother going for the CSP's as they will cost me an extra £50 and I can't see there being much of a difference to be honest and the Elite Pedals use a load cell brake which will help, especially in Forza 4 and GT5 driving without ABS. In the future I may also consider the Inversion Kit for the pedals.

Although I have the wheel cooming, I will soon be getting a wheel stand. It will either be the GT-Omega wheel stand or wheel stand pro (both are the same price) but I will possibly get the GT-Omega wheel stand as you can mount the shifter lower (it will cost me an extra £30 but that nothing after the price of the wheel and stand) and the pedals are raised up towards the back like in most rigs. but for now, I will just look forward to the wheel cooming!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom