Xbox 360 VGA Setup

Spears67

Standard Member
Hey all,

I am trying to get a good picture for my Xbox over my rather shabby Evesham V30DMTT using an official microsoft VGA cable.

The problem being is that in PC mode there is very little to change and it all looks rather washed out, I have of course tried the extended black setting etc in the Xbox dashboard but still can't get a strong image, any ideas?

Jay

Banned
sorry to jump in here but i havnt spotted this yet.what is it?where is it?and what does it do?

regards

I think he means the reference level (found in display settings), either standard, intermediate, or expanded.

They were brought in to fix the washed out look vga suffered from on tvs. They just send the correct video levels to the tv.

Toadus

I bought a Madcatz (Spelling?) VGA cable for my 360 and it was awful! Massive ghosting mainly... I put the component back in straight away!

djcla

Distinguished Member
i find my vga picture to be excellent no overscan too!!!!! To be honest though the difference between vga and component in minimal on my TV

king jaffy jr

Novice Member
i was using component cable at first but then i decided to get the official vga cable and i got to say with my TV the vga cable definatly looks better. i am using the official vga cable with a Sony 32S3000.

lucas22

Novice Member
I think he means the reference level (found in display settings), either standard, intermediate, or expanded.

They were brought in to fix the washed out look vga suffered from on tvs. They just send the correct video levels to the tv.

thanks era
i thought that was a ratio thing,there you go,learn something new everyday:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom