• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox 360 VGA cable problems??? Worked fine with component :(

big-mac-please

Established Member
Helloooo :D

I decided to buy a VGA lead as I have read lots of people saying how good it is.

I connected the VGA to my LG 32LX2R and used a DVI to VGA adapter.

The result was .... crap!

If I increase the resolution to anything over 600x400 it has a big black band on the right side and the picure is poshed over to the left.

If I set it to the native resolution it still happens.

Does anyone know why this is?

Does the DVI to VGA adapter make any difference as I was using the one that came with my mac mini.

Thanx for anyhelp!

BigMac

peahead

Prominent Member
Hi

you can shift the picture up/down/left/right by going into the screen setup menu and manualy config the h-position this should allow you to get rid of the black bar down the side and get the picture in the middle.

t1m103

Established Member
same here,you can move the image(strange why its allways left side) didnt find the vga any better than component.

big-mac-please

Established Member
Thanx for the replys :)

Its odd that it goes to the side though? I use my laptop and mac mini perfectly on the TV and they look great!

I will give it a try and post back :D

Thanx again!!!!!

Dave

Distinguished Member
I had to adjust the picture size and position on the telly when I got the vga lead.

Should be an option somewhere in your tv menu. I spent a week with it all off centre and stuff before my mate pointed out that I could adjust it via the telly remote.:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

big-mac-please

Established Member
Strange that the xbox does that?

But thanx again I will try it tomorrow because old school is on bbc1 now it its one of the greatest films of all time!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom