Xbox 360 versions comparison

Brogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just trying to get my head around the various different versions of the Xbox that are currently (and in the near future) available.

Does the attached chart accurately sum up the current situation, excepting of course the possible future incarnation of the Elite?

Are there any other major components/features that need to be highlighted?

Attachments

• Xbox.jpg
    Xbox.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 221
For the most part yes. I don't know if it has been confirmed whether the new Premiums with an HDMI port built in come with the HDMI cable and AV dongle included or not. Also I believe all future 360's will come with the new 65nm chip.

I don't know if it has been confirmed whether the new Premiums with an HDMI port built in come with the HDMI cable and AV dongle included or not.
Good point.
If they do then the only major difference between the Premium and Elite will be the size of the HDD.
It's then that pricing will really come into it as to which version you go for.

All future 360s will come with 65nm chips and I assume the new heatsinks, unless this is just a temporary bodge until the 65nm chips arrive.

I thought all the HDMI equiped 360's had the 65nm chips in em? Thinking of getting a 360 to match your stunning apartment Brogan?

I would get the Elite myself due to the bigger hard drive, but a lot of the add on's are only in white still.

I thought all the HDMI equiped 360's had the 65nm chips in em? Thinking of getting a 360 to match your stunning apartment Brogan?

I would get the Elite myself due to the bigger hard drive, but a lot of the add on's are only in white still.

None of the 360's have 65nm chips yet. They will at a later date but no one knows exactly when.

I thought all the HDMI equiped 360's had the 65nm chips in em?
That's why I started this thread - there seems to be a lot of confusion about the different versions and what future versions will be.
Very difficult for someone like me who's just starting to look into an Xbox to work out what's available and what the pros and cons are of each.

Thinking of getting a 360 to match your stunning apartment Brogan?
I've been thinking about it for a while but I was waiting until HDMI was available so I could hook it up to my HDMI switch and feed the projector and plasma.

None of the 360's have 65nm chips yet. They will at a later date but no one knows exactly when.

Are you sure? I assume that's why we have the retro fit heatsinks in them now as they don't have the 65nm chips yet.

Are you sure? I assume that's why we have the retro fit heatsinks in them now as they don't have the 65nm chips yet.

As sure as anyone can be at the moment. All indications point to the fact that they are not available in 360's yet. You can always buy a new 360 yourself and open it up to confirm whether they have them or not. ;) :D

As sure as anyone can be at the moment. All indications point to the fact that they are not available in 360's yet. You can always buy a new 360 yourself and open it up to confirm whether they have them or not. ;) :D

I'll gladly do that if I can send you the bill :D:rotfl:

I'm more then sure they will be out before Christmas as MS said they would be out by then. If you Google it their seem to be conflicting stories on the net abou t this, but the majority seem to say Chrimbo 2007 for the 65nm chips. They will probably only run cooler though and maybe a bit faster, not expected to add any functionality. I hope.

people in the US with HDMI Premiums have said that they don't come with HDMI lead or Audio dongle.

They do need to make the Elite look like good value for money afterall

Don't forget the various different DVD drives and fans that are used by MS.

DVD drives

There's also a new version of the Hitachi drive which is more reliable and supposedly quieter than the original.

There are Delta, Nidec, or DC Brushless fans, all with different reliability issues and sound levels.

It seems as though the newest consoles are coming with either the BENQ or "new" Hitachi drive and the Delta fans.

I appreciate there have been various updates with different individual components but I was more interested in what major components are/aren't included in each pack, rather than differences between specific components.

Just one thing with your chart -

The current premium does come with a HD capable cable - component (separate red,green, blue leads) the core has a composite with scart (non RGB) adaptor.

:)

Good thread guys, I think we need this info to prevent confusion. I'm keeping track of it and am going to give the FAQ a thorough overhaul soon with this updated data if thats ok.

Just one thing with your chart -

The current premium does come with a HD capable cable - component (separate red,green, blue leads) the core has a composite with scart (non RGB) adaptor.

:)
Thanks for the clarification.
Does the component HD cable have the optical out jack?

Good thread guys, I think we need this info to prevent confusion. I'm keeping track of it and am going to give the FAQ a thorough overhaul soon with this updated data if thats ok.
No problem.
It will stop people like me asking numerous questions about what it and isn't included :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom