Xbox 360 v2 question

chrisnic0

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys looking to get a xbox360 in the near future but im looking to get the new "falcon" units.
Is it only shopto.net that have these "pro" verisons in stock?
If it has a HDMI out does it mean that these are the new units also?
I was considering getting the arcade verison possibly as im not that bothered about the harddrive, are these the new V2 models?
Cheers
Chris

If it says 175w on the label on the side of the box its a Falcon.It might be better to buy from a shop as you can obviously check this before paying.Mail order might be a bit hit and miss but if you leave it a while no doubt there will only be Falcon units available

If it has a power unit that is 175w and also a lot no. above 742 or something it should be a falcon unit. This information will be on the side of the box the 360 comes in. If you ask at Game Or Gamestation they will normally pick you out one that has a 175w power block.

Deftones82

and also gamestation are only £149 for arcade!!

having hdmi does not gaurentee falcon chip set, i have a V2 hdmi unit with the old psu and chipset.

Bowza

and also gamestation are only £149 for arcade!!

having hdmi does not gaurentee falcon chip set, i have a V2 hdmi unit with the old psu and chipset.

Bowza

Gamestation are no longer doing the arcades for that price !! Gutted was hoping to get one for that price and so were a few friends :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Thanks for the info guys, yeah u missed out on the gamestation £150 deal aswell. Why were they at this price for like 2 days??
Also would you guys recommend getting a Pro or Arcade, all i wana do is play online and game, all my media is on my HTPC?
Cheers Chris

I would go for the Pro, unless you can get the Arcade for a lot cheaper. Depends if you want the hard drive really, the arcade will do the job but if you want to download demo's and stuff then get the Pro with the harddrive as Demo's are sometimes about a gig or so per Demo.

Just see which has the best deal.

Well my falcon just red ringed on me.So much for improved hardware :mad:

can a 203w power supply be used on a 175w box?

It should be fine. Its not ther power going into the xbox but whay is available to the "insides".

Its like a PC where you can get PSU ranging from 200w upwards of 800w. They all use the same leads/plugs/plug in the wall but the PSU itself does the work.

hello all i have a quick question, can i use a component cable with digital input
for sound to my amp, and hdmi for video to tv on an xbox arcade machine

thanks steve

not at the same time,the leads wont fit together.
you would either need to buy the audio dongle,that allows an hdmi and an audio section to sit together,and be used at the same time.
or
butcher/modify the component audio section,to allow it to fit in with the hdmi cable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom