Xbox 360 universal media remote question

Drummer16

Standard Member
Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a way to know what mode the universal xbox 360 media remote is in? I keep turning on my xbox when I want to turn on my tv and I keep turning off my tv when I want to turn on my xbox. It's getting really annoying. As far as I can tell, there is a tv button that toggles the modes but no indication of what mode you are in. Can anyone shed some light on this situation for me?

Thanks!

deathtrap3000

Novice Member
When the tv button is red, its in tv mode, when its green, its xbox mode. Push one of the arrow buttons or something to see whats mode its in.

Drummer16

Standard Member
Weird, my red led doesn't work. Basically if I press the arrow button and the whole remote lights up, it's in xbox mode. If I press the arrow button and the whole remote doesn't light up, it's in TV mode. Thanks for the reply...I guess this works lol.

mattclarkie

Novice Member
Press the big round TV button, it goes Orange(TV) or Green(Xbox).
But after 5 seconds TV mode automatically expires if you haven't pressed a button and it returns to Xbox mode.

Try removing the batteries to reboot the remote because it sounds like yours has gone funky.

Drummer16

Standard Member
Yea, I know about the tv button, but mine doesn't behave that way. It's so strange. Keep in mind, I got my remote in 2005. So, maybe they didn't have the red LEDs back then? I also am using the batteries that came with it...from 2005 hahahaha.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom