Xbox 360 turing on by itself.

pemberto

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Has anyone had their Xbox360 turning itself on?

Jut walked in the door at home and the Mrs said that the xbox keeps turning on. Turned it off and within in a couple of minutes its back on again.

Pemberto

None that I know of.

I was going to suggest the same... although I dont see how they could sync it to yours unless both sync buttons were pressed.

Someone posted quite recently that they had their mates round for some multiplayer action, and when they left they hung around outside turning his 360 on wirelessly via the controller.

Hello All,

Has anyone had their Xbox360 turning itself on?

Jut walked in the door at home and the Mrs said that the xbox keeps turning on. Turned it off and within in a couple of minutes its back on again.

Pemberto

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!

Clearly you don't play enough 360 its trying to tell you something ;)

Seriously though thats a weird one, tried resyncing you controllers? No ones sitting on the contorller or something are they?

or the remote?!..do you have a remote for it.
try taking the batteries out of the pad/remote for a bit,might be a broken contact.
and if it was a neighbour,you could be looking at possibly up to about 30ft..thats the most distance ive gotten my machine to work wirelessly..out in the garden speaking to a neighbour,and had someone on voice chat too.could see through the window that the LIVE button still did stuff on screen.
either that,or one of the remotes you have in the house,has a frequency close to whats needed to switch the console on.

Sell it on ebay, its clearly haunted just like that nes was a couple of years ago.

I had this happen when my second pad (which wasn't used much) ended up under a pile of papers during tidying with the guide button pressed. It took me a good few minutes of head scratching to work out what was going on.

If that's not right then I'd try removing all the batteries then replacing them or resyncing everything. Neighbours shouldn't be able to turn on your 360 unless by some fluke you synced them up at the same time. Makes me wonder if a big xbox 360 lan might get into carnage!

Guys, many thanks for all the responses.

We have solved the puzzle of the xbox turning on. Its down to the little people in our house. Who keep taking the Old Man's (that's me) controllers to use on their own xbox.

What's makes it bad, is that you can stand in their room and say have you been using my xbox and get the response no and then two seconds later they have your controllers.

I ask you, how many controllers do you need in a house with 2 xbox's.

Once again, many thanks.
Pemberto

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom