XBOX 360 to NAS drive

M

mjdennison

Hi
I have an XBox 360 and I also have a LinkStation NAS drive on my network, I want to put my music onto the NAS drive but the XBox 360 cannot see it? Is there anything that can be done, if not what type of NAS do I need as I know that some people on forums have said that it can be done?:rolleyes:

Yorkshirelion

Thats right if you have just a standalone NAS drive your 360 wont see it.

I have a Maxtor Shared Storage II 1tb edition and that has Twonkymedia installed on the device, this way the 360 recognises it and will play all my music and videos. I did this by putting a special firmware on my device.

Check on twonkymedias website to see if your nas drive is compatible. :smashin:

I have just seen the above post also, even if you add the folders the 360 wont see them.

M

mjdennison

Brill put Twonkymedia on the drive (at long last, took a bit of brain searching but got it in the end) and all if now working fine.
Thanks for your help:thumbsup:

dsmuk

I have just been trying to install this on my Maxtor Shared Drive plus but I keep getting an error message saying

Open a telnet connection failed, please check IP address of MSS

The address is correct, the anti virus and firewall is turned off.

Anybody else had this problem?

EDIT: Sorted it now, not sure what was going wrong but a restart of the computer, router and MSS seemed to do the trick!

djcla

Distinguished Member
i have same problem with my network drive if you use an app like tversity will it see the nas then?

dsmuk

Should I be able to watch divx videos like I can with transcode360 using this TwonkyVision or not?

djcla

Distinguished Member
I have got this to work using Ubuntu (Linux) and Twonkymedia , not sure if it would work in XP with TwonkyMedia or not.. (seeing a NAS drive that is)

davidm

I have a Linkstation on my network and using Tversity I can watch video and listen to music from the NAS box through the Xbox 360.

djcla

Distinguished Member
Should I be able to watch divx videos like I can with transcode360 using this TwonkyVision or not?

i don't think it will work with twonkyvision i maybe wrong though as i have only tried with Linux version and have not seen a transcoding opion

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom