1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 status & supply

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by HSC, Aug 16, 2005.

1. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2005/08/a_walk_through_.html

good article

not much in terms of schedule - but this is what I figure from reading between the lines.....

10 weeks to produce 1.6m consoles in 3 factories....
    that's 533,333 consoles per factory....
    53,333 consoles per factory every week.....
    10,666 console every day (5 day working week)

89 consoles every hour (24hr day) per factory......

that's assuming they finish their testing, have no component shortages and they start now......
    hmmmm........glad my pre-order is in.....

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Come on amazon, get yor pre-order page up! :mad:

3. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    When do they intend to start production then? That's one hell of a schedule already. I'll have a fiver on them not being able to make that quantity in time & a bet on Europes & Japans allocation being slashed. :rolleyes:

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    Production has been running for some time now. I'm confident that MS will make their quota.

5. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    where have you heard this CAS FAN...?

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    I'm sure I read something that said that production started in July - maybe this was just a limited production run though.

7. c.jelly

c.jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Beta kits were only out in June/July, though, weren't they?

8. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    i read this also on xbox.com

I think there will be plenty available, the price will scare folk off i predict £275 (not official). Also with the psp being 179.99 and being released two months before that will swallow a few sales. I got my psp in july glad I did. Saving hard for my 360 now.

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    I'm personally leaning to the £279 price (same as PS2) which will also leave the door open for £299 versions with bundled game. :smashin:

10. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
  11. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    They can keep my preorder if MS think they are getting £280 out of me for a blinking games console! :eek:

There are plenty of gamecube /ds /psp games to keep me occupied through until easter if that is the case! :mad:

12. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    What would you pay? To me £250 may as well be £280, I mean when you're shelling out it just means you buy one less game with the console on launch day right? Considering the kit inside the 360, it's a bargain any which way you cut it. I paaid nearly £300 just for my graphics card on my PC not more than 6 months ago, and the card in the 360 is a generation above that! We need to keep perspective here!

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    It says on there that MS are readying 2-3 million consoles for launch in November! That's more like it! :thumbsup:

To be honest games consoles tend to release around that price these days. The PS2 was £279 and the X-Box was £299. Strangely the cheapest ones Gamecube £129 and the Dreamcast £199 have done the least well out of the last generation.

I guess that £279 isn't too bad considering the 360 will be as powerful as a top end PC at release. I'd personally be surprised (albeit happy!) if it released at a lower price than £279.

14. ainsy

ainsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well if it's £279 or thereabouts they have lost me too. :mad:
    We all haven't got the money to stick a £300 graphics card in our computers and to me £250 may as well not be £280!!. At the end of the day people will buy it at what ever price it is introduced at that is why we live in "rip off britain" because most people in this country are stupid enough to pay what ever price they will be put it up for sale at.
    The market dictates the price and over here we still haven't grasped that fact and kept our money (or credit card) in our wallets until we are given a product at a fair price. Sorry but it grates with me that we might end up paying so much more for the same product they are getting in the states and most people rub there hands together and are happy to pay it!
    If that is the price i wonder how many kids realistically will be getting one for xmas when you consider that it would need a couple of games with it and an extra controller etc. A select privalidged few i imagine.
    Me i've been burned before and am happy to wait till we get a sensible price....no next gen pro evo till late next year anyway.

15. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    There's a completely different economy in the states. People's wages are not a direct comparison as those over here, the taxation system is different etc. You can't just take a product in the states, run the cost through a currency converter and say that they are getting it for whatever the pound value comes out as. Someone may earn say £30,000 doing a job here and in the US they may get $40,000 for the same job. If you do a currency conversion then they should be earning around $55,000 in the US.

That's a simplistic example but it's just to illustrate that there are numerous other factors to consider apart from the bottom line price.

16. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Don’t worry, if that’s the case it’ll probably be £200 by Easter! :devil:

17. ainsy

ainsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yesterday 11:49 PM
    Agreed there is a completely different economy in the states but am not sure were you get your figures from in your example.....Average incomes are substantially HIGHER in the United States. On a per capita basis American incomes are 45% higher and in general it is well known when all things are factored out, education, petrol, housing, healthcare etc. that are american cousins have MORE disposable income.
    For a long time now we have been having this debate in this country regarding the prices we pay for electronic goods, cars, petrol etc etc. and the only conclusion that keeps being universal drawn is that we are charged these prices because we will pay these prices !! Just look at how car prices started to fall when the UK consumer began to wise up and shop around in europe for example.
    Agreed the 360 is a lot of technology for the money but the fact remains that in the UK we are paying far more comparatively and within no time at all the price will drop dramatically when the market dictates the price i.e when sales figures begin to drop and again when the competition is looming.
    Like i said before... i am going to definitely wait and hold back till i see it being priced at a fair price. If more of us did the same this situation would never arise in this country.