Xbox 360 sound issues.

O

ollybassman

Hello.

I have just purchased some Logitech Z-5400's and hooked them upto my pc. I had problems getting the rears, centre and sub working but I fiddled around with the effects and now that is all working fine.

I then got a optical cable and connected my 360 to the back of my receiver, slected Dolby Digital on my 360 but I am only getting sound form my front 2 speakers. The cable is fine and its all connected properly so can anyone help me?

If it helps I'm using onboard sound.

Thanks.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
you want to select Dolby Digital 5.1,on the 360,and also make sure your are on auto,or whatever it should be set on for optical on the logitech,as it sounds like youve messed about with the effects on that.

O

ollybassman

I've selected Dolby Digital on my 360.

When I changed with the effects it was on a different channel, so made no difference to the optical channel of the reciever. I can't change any settings whilst I'm on the optical channel.

O

ollybassman

If it helps my 360 is running through my Samsung SyncMaster 226BW via a VGA HD cable along with my pc and when I select the source to digital (my pc) I get no sound even from the 360 even though optical is still set on my reciever.

I'm so lost :(

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom