Xbox 360 Slim Slow Down

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Dan Turner, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Dan Turner

Dan Turner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Guys,

Last night I went to try and play on my Xbox (360 Slim 250GB) but it was having absolutely none of it. On firing up it took literally 1:30-2 minutes to go from showing the xbox logo to getting to the home screen (bad sign) I then realised that it wasn't connected to the network which does happen from time to time but when I tried to connect to Live it told me that it couldn't detect a network so it would have to do a test; I agreed and it took a further 2 minutes of spinning-circle-loading to get to the test page. It then eventually managed to realise it had an internet connection but it took so long to check the live connection I got frustrated and gave up.
    It did feel warm above the grating for the HS/F but to be honest I don't have a good appreciation of what is normal and what is worrying when it comes to a 360S. The rest of the case was cool.
    I did a quick search online and followed the fault tree.
    Removed HDD and ethernet cable = fired up fast and normal.
    HDD back in, ethernet out = fired up fast and normal
    Ethernet in, HDD out = slow down.
    Tried connecting to wireless = no-go
    I did change my router a week ago but I have been playing without problems for a week until last night (I was on it on Monday night).

Is this problem as simple as playing with my router settings (something I am capable of) or is there something more sinister at work?
    Xbox was originally purchased 25 months ago (to the day) but has since been returned to MS for a fault (red dot)

Hope I've covered all the details that might be needed.

2. Osirian08

Osirian08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Have you tried with another ethernet cable - your existing one may be faulty ?

3. Dan Turner

Dan Turner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Found a suggestion to power cycle everything. Which seems to have done the trick. Very very odd