XBox 360 Slim Failure Rates

SadR0bot

Novice Member
Im about to buy an xbox 360 for the first time for my two girls (ok me). Ive always been a bit nervous about buying one because of the bad press its had over the past few years.

Ive tried to research the failure rates to find out if these have improved with the new revisions but every site I find seems to spiral into a fanboy flame war.

Would any owners be willing to offer their opinion?

PlayStation

It's pretty reliable now, saying that I don't want my Elite Jasper and Slim to break down now :/

They're supposed to be reliable since the Jasper Elites. I've had my Slim since April 2011 and have done 9 hour gaming sessions over night soo many times and its fine.

PlayStation

I wouldn't call one exhaust vent and two tiny vents to replace the air sucked out "plenty".

Crovon

Distinguished Member
SadR0bot said:
Im about to buy an xbox 360 for the first time for my two girls (ok me). Ive always been a bit nervous about buying one because of the bad press its had over the past few years.

Ive tried to research the failure rates to find out if these have improved with the new revisions but every site I find seems to spiral into a fanboy flame war.

Would any owners be willing to offer their opinion?

The slims are fine mate, you can purchase without fear.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom