Xbox 360 & Sky+ - Sony HCS

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Boycie#1, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Boycie#1

Boycie#1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everyone

I understand this has probably been asked before and I did trawl through some threads but couldn't quite find something identical. I have purchased a Sony DAV DZ260 today which will be delivered Tuesday. I want to run my Sky+ box and my Xbox 360 through it, my LCD is a 32" Phillips.

Am I right in thinking that if I puchase a optical switch with 3 optical (toslink) cables this is achievable by taking a optical cable from my 360 and one from my Sky+ box into the switch, then a cable from the switch into my input optical on my DVD?

I didn't know anything about optical switches and cables etc until I did some research today. The above sounds easy enough to set up, I just want to make sure I've got everything I need to get up and running on Tuesday when it is delivered.

After that I assume the rest of the setup is left as is, scarts from Sky+ box into TV and component cables from Xbox into TV.

All advice would be hugely appreciated.

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Sounds about right. I think your h/c system has a single optical input so you will need the switch and an optical cable for each input and one output optical cable to the h/c unit.