Xbox 360 scratching Games while in console!!!!!!

marchowie

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi i was just wondering if any of you guys have experianced this and know the cause of it . on lauch day when i got my 360 i was playing pgr3 and all of a sudden i heard this almighty scracthing noise so i turned off the 360 and toke my game out only to find that my disc was all scratched , so i toke my game back to the Game Store in town and told them this is what my game came like and they replaced it no problems, but it has never happend since that day thank god but was just wondering if any of you guys have experianced this weird thing

happened to me once too with NFSMW, I didnt touch it, MS 360 support didnt want to know and said I moved the machine when I didnt, hasnt happened since.

I had it with Oblivion, but I had moved the machine with the disc in and forgot it was turned on, doh!!

My Hitman disc is scratched to buggery, still plays though.

Not sure what caused it. It was either the 360 scratching it, or the fact that I mistakenly used it as a coaster for two weeks. :rotfl: :eek: Not sure which!

I could be wrong here but when you buy a game, you are buying the rights to the game and so the company who produces the game has to replace the disc?

I think thats right but I believe you have to pay for the replacement which is about £14

In the states they have disc protection insurance for pittance as month which covers scratched discs, wish we had something like that here

hi i was just wondering if any of you guys have experianced this and know the cause of it . on lauch day when i got my 360 i was playing pgr3 and all of a sudden i heard this almighty scracthing noise so i turned off the 360 and toke my game out only to find that my disc was all scratched , so i toke my game back to the Game Store in town and told them this is what my game came like and they replaced it no problems, but it has never happend since that day thank god but was just wondering if any of you guys have experianced this weird thing

Reports of 360's scratching discs have been around since the 360 was launched so its not a new problem but like others have said it only usually happens when you move the console while it is running.

My Hitman disc is scratched to buggery, still plays though.

Not sure what caused it. It was either the 360 scratching it, or the fact that I mistakenly used it as a coaster for two weeks. :rotfl: :eek: Not sure which!

:rotfl:

Probably the 360 as I couldn't imagine putting beer/tea/coffee etc would do anything.

Damn my GOW disc has been scratched badly, it now won't run properly, it manages to load up to the start of game then gives a disc error message. All the marks are circular, I noticed this a couple of days ago, and since then a couple more have appeared. So what do I do? do I just talk to the retailer and get the disc replaced or the whole bundle that I bought?

and no the 360 was not knocked at all.

Damn my GOW disc has been scratched badly, it now won't run properly, it manages to load up to the start of game then gives a disc error message. All the marks are circular, I noticed this a couple of days ago, and since then a couple more have appeared. So what do I do? do I just talk to the retailer and get the disc replaced or the whole bundle that I bought?

and no the 360 was not knocked at all.

I have used t-cut on scratched dvd's & cd's before with good results, maybe usefull as your last resort?? would try to take it back first though....

Whats T-cut? a repair kit? I really don't want to get a repair kit, have never ever had to use one, and I don't want to start now. Anyone know whats Gamestation like with returns and refunds?

They might exchange it for you but then they could say its not their problem and to be honest it isnt, if your 360 is scratching the discs then that is hardly their fault.

Best thing to do is to take it in, ask to speak to the manager and explain your problem, would also get your 360 replaced asap because I have had mine for over a year now and all games are still in the same condition they were when I first bought them.

Whats T-cut? a repair kit? I really don't want to get a repair kit, have never ever had to use one, and I don't want to start now. Anyone know whats Gamestation like with returns and refunds?

Car cutting compound, you will find it in Halfords......also works well on Ipod's :)

I think I'l just take the whole bundle in and see if they will just straight swap everything then. Cheers for the help!

its unlikely they will replace it as its your console at fault not the disc. My 360 cracked my PGR3 and i returned it to game (didn't even buy it there:devil: ) and they replaced it for another one after a bit of negotiating

Well I have just been talking to a mate who also had the same prob, also his PGR3 got scratched as well he had Gamestation swap everything over yesterday, same bundle. My PGR has'nt been scratched because its only been in the 360 once. I am now thinking about getting a refund or store credit so I can get one later next year like I had originally planned. Its just it was too good a bundle to resist and also I have never had a fault with any consoles, so I thought I would breeze through without any probs like usual, guess I was wrong.
I'm not sure whether to refund or replace, just want to play GOW again, but at the same time I am feeling a little more paranoid about getting another duff 360. Just to be sure can someone confirm that I am entitled to a refund, everything is opened but it was only purchased 7 days ago.

You have next to no chance of getting a refund im afraid, most places once they have your money will do everything they can to hold onto it but good luck.

Thought I'd let u guys know how I got on. Well I got the whole thing replaced including GOW which was good. I was hoping to maybe get another 1 month Live card, but I guess that came with the wireless entertainment bundle which I did'nt need to replace. Though when I phoned up before I went in the lad said that really I should be talking to MS about it, which I know is BS, but he would replace it for me this time. I have to wonder how many customers have they told to go to MS within the 1 year warrenty.

Any way the box they gave me was a little different it did'nt have a handle and on the back they had pics of newer games than the last one. I thought it would be a newer model but then the power button does'nt click when pressed like the last one, so do the newer models click or what? or do I have a dodgy button, lol. The good thing is the disc drive seemed quieter and no clicking heard when starting or stopping the disc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom