Reaction score
hey just got a box from MS

about to ring the courier for them to take my 360
just wanted to know how long will the console take for it to come to me

do they wait for my console then get mine out

or do they jus send one out

please advise
thanks

With it being xmas time I wouldnt expect to recieve it back until the new year but you never know.

Also, they will probaley try to fix it but if they cant they will then just send you a new one but this can take a week or more at the best of times so like I said, dont expect it back anytime soon.

Can I ask why you didnt just take it back to where you got it from and ask for a replacement?

With it being xmas time I wouldnt expect to recieve it back until the new year but you never know.

Also, they will probaley try to fix it but if they cant they will then just send you a new one but this can take a week or more at the best of times so like I said, dont expect it back anytime soon.

Can I ask why you didnt just take it back to where you got it from and ask for a replacement?

because i have had it more than a year

hmm might give gamestation a ring tho ,

If you have had it for more than a year wont MS charge you to repair it?

Thats what we do here, ask questions :D

Thats what we do here, ask questions :D

lol

so am i right here then :

microsoft send a box , i ring courier , they take my 360 to ms repair centre , they seen my 360 try to repair it , they send my console after all that

yes ?>

lol

so am i right here then :

microsoft send a box , i ring courier , they take my 360 to ms repair centre , they seen my 360 try to repair it , they send my console after all that

yes ?>

Pretty much but they might not even try to repair it and might just send a replacement straight out, have heard about people on here only having to wait 2 or 3 days for a replacement.

If you have had it for more than a year wont MS charge you to repair it?

I'm in the same boat. Mine went last night. Rang MS this morning & they're gonna email me the courier labels in the next 24hrs to stick on the box. Mine's a launch console but I've been told I won't be charged for either a fix or a replacement. Sounds good so far. :) oh & no extended warrenty here either.

I had two collected last Tuedsay, received one back yesterday and the other today. Not too bad a wait considering the time of year.

Hi,

You have to box the 360 yourself but they tell you not to use the xbox 360 retail box. UPS came and collected mine, waited about 1 week and recieved a brand new xbox 360. My mates went at the same time as mine and his came 2 days earlier.

It was a great service but cannot see you getting it back before new year due to the holiday season but you never know.

I wouldnt imagine for a minute that youd be getting anything back for a while.

I used to work for the company that has the emea (and some of the us) region contract with microsoft for the warranty repair of xbox and 360. It was based on the south coast of the uk, but just recently they have up sticks and set up a new plant in prague. While I was still there we had a load of people from the new plant come over and took training, reports I heard were that these new guys barely knew which way to hold a screwdriver, let alone strip and repair a console.

Best of luck though

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom