1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 - Real Picture

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by peteyoung, Apr 23, 2005.

1. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    check out:
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000293041091

nothing special :rolleyes: lol cant wait to see the specs and stuff like controllers etc. but according to this its definitely it, you can see other pictures miscrosoft released of it from the teaser website which are just close up shots on that site too.

Notice how they used 360 so it sounds as advanced as the playstation 3? xbox2 and ps3, hmmmm i think most people would chose a ps3 just because it sounds a newer console. kinda sneaky of microsoft! ;)

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Interesting - I need to see shots of the rear and side too. But first impressions are I like the silver and the green light.

But where are the controller ports? :confused:

3. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm it still looks damm big if you ask me i guess it depends how far it goes back, but those japs wont like it if its too big :)

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I suppose it depends whether or not it'll have a hd in it or not?

5. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Microsoft should hire a decent designer because that things loooks as ugly as the first one, OK, not THAT ugly.

6. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8112/Xbox-360-Exposed/

The seccond pic should give you a sense of how deep it'll be. Also take into account the size if the disc tray to give a good sense of width.

I kinda like it. Not sure about that big green button though

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,948
    It looks like a desktop PC that I used to own :D

8. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) xbox is notorious for a massive console, this one does look a bit smaller
    2) apparently there will be a removable hard drive :confused:
    3) no controller ports as they will be wireless controllers

this is only what i have read and some may be speculation but people garauntee this is the real xbox 360 as they have been released from microsoft themselves and look how much publicity they are getting from showing people glimpses of the console! clever if you ask me, although the whole unveiling on MTV in may with performances and celebrities is a whole load OTT imo!

9. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Well I look forward to Sony announcing the Playstation 720 in May!

I like the look of it alot...certainly better than current Sony & Xbox offerings and I can't remember anything better from past offerings????

10. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +939
    I too think it looks pretty smart, also looking forward to it coming out :thumbsup:

11. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731

:mad: its comments like that that really get on my mammaries. Let examine the evidence shall we:

PS2 dimentions: H=7.5cm, W=30cm, D=18cm
    xbox dimentions: H=9cm, W=32cm, D=26cm

so the xbox is a massive 2cm higher and wider and a HUGE 8cm deeper, now tell me this. WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH ALL THAT SPACE YOU SAVED??? collect dust with the fan in a PS2 by any chance?

12. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    I dont think you can say this since they have only realeased one previous console

I like the new xbox pic, i think it will fit in well with a home cinema. Its concave design should make it more ventalated so it should run real smooth too.

13. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I have a feeling the "360" will also have something to do with the console being able to sit in more than one position. PS2 style.

It is a nice design, but theres still no guarantee that this is the final design. We need to wait till the 13th of may for that.

Cant wait to see the PS3 design too.

I still dont like the idea of calling the new XBox "360". It doesnt really mean anything. I would have preffered "next" or even "2" over "360".

14. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I'm presuming they chose the name 360 to mean a complete revolution. IE 360 degrees.

15. ManGina

ManGina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hehe someone likes their box dont they? :hiya:
    What about a comparison with the slimline PS2.....no....? Didnt think so ;)

16. Chivalry

Chivalry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    ? size is not important !! anyone who goes out and buys a games console "because it is small".. wants their head examined,, and when it comes to which is best... in my experiance i can honestly say i know of at LEAST 20-25 ppl who have sold / traded there PS2 to get an xbox..... i have yet to meet a single person who sold / traded there xbox to get a PS2............. u do the maths.... :)

17. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You obviously dont follow the sales of xbox very well as size does matter the main reason why the XBOX is a complete flop in japan in because its big and ugly and the japenese are just not interested.

Size/looks does not matter to everyone but it will be a major factor is MS want to compete in Japan

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,948
    I had a feeling that we were heading down this road. Come on let's keep this thread on topic as the old PS2 v X-Box discussions have really all been done to death before. :thumbsup:

19. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    cant wait to see what the ps3 and revolution look like

20. Chivalry

Chivalry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Oh.. and someone said earlier how the PS2 must be better because it had a bigger user base...... well lets look at the facts,,,, first sony had already had a HUGE base from the succesful PS1 which was truly an awesome machine which swept all b4 it. (god knows i loved mine)... and had the ingenoius foresight to make PS2 backwards compatible with all PS1 games.... that in itself would be a good incentive to buy 1... if u already owned a PS1 that is.... next comes the real reason for the userbase being so large..... if u check u will see.. that the PS2 was the first " next gen" console to hit the market... and was released in JAN 2000 if im not mistaken....... and any gamer worth his salt did everything in his power to get this all new singing and dancing games machine..... now lets look at the xbox.... comming new to the scene,, no previous user base to draw on.... and the biggest problem of all... it wasnt released until over a year later... maybe more... by which time most people had already bought a PS2....
    its only my opinion... but i think if they had both been released at the same time... and people could have chose between the the 2 at the begining... it would have been a very differnt story :)

21. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure why you are turning this into a console war again?

But i dont agree i dont have a PS2 and dont want one but PS2 would still be miles ahead of XBOX even if they was launched at same time, even now (what 5 years on) PS2 sells 45,000 a week in japan and XBOX gets about 400 :)

Japan in a huge market but even forgetting them the numbers are good for Europe and USA since XBOX launch

22. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    The reason why the XBox doesnt sell in japan isnt quite what you beleive. It does have something to do with the size, but thats just an excuse.

The truth is, people dont see a reason why they SHOULD buy an XBox.
    All Japanese developers are making games for the PS2.
    Not many games get released on the XBox here.

Its different in the US and EU where almost all the latest games are released on more than one machine.
    Usually the XBox version ends up looking the best.

In Japan they only release games on individual consoles and hardly ever make stuff for all the avaialable platforms.
    A good example is the Biohazard series being exclusive to the Game Cube.

Another reason why the XBox hasnt been succesfull is simply because its a foreign machine.
    Japanese will always preffer to buy their own machines like the PS2 or GC.

Their way of thinking is:
    "If we can do it, why should we buy a foreign product to do it for us"

This attitude with a lack of software for the XBox is what made it unsuccesfull in japan.
    I knew it would happen, but there you go.

If I were microsoft I wouldnt bother releasing the Xbox 2 in japan.
    It will only become another flop.

No matter how much nicer than the PS2 or PS3 it is, all the games will still be on Sony's machines.

23. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    For the first time i agree with what AML has posted. I guess he should do as he does live in japan so should really know what the japanese people want etc, and at the moment it is not what the xbox can offer them.

But anyway, if the new xbox looks anything like it does in that picture then looks like i'll be forced to buy one on launch day, but i guess we will have to wait until 13th may to find out for certain. But what i really want to see is the new controller as it would appear that it is going to be wireless as standard.

24. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tbh the look of a console really really doesnt interest me, i have an xbox its big its black and its ugly as sin but it plays great games and can do so much the ps2 cant when you mod it. plus if you look at the multi-platform games side by side the xbox 99% of the time looks far better (a good example of this is burnout 3) i dont mind if the xbox 2 looks rubbish too as long as the games are good.

25. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Me too, I hope it's not a rehashed jobbie of its current one ( *cough* PS2). Not too keen on the idea of it being wireless though, think of all those batteries! :eek:

26. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Newr pads are rechargable. Just sit them onto their docking station once your done playing and they will recharge.

I look forward to these wireless pads. i hate wires.
    My only concern is if having these pads go wireless, will that add to the weight of the pad?

The origianal XBox pad was already a monster! cant imagine having that beast wireless too!

27. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    If they are rechargeable then I could live with that, but won't response times also be affected? :confused:

28. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    This design is a MASSIVE improvement over the design of the PS2 and Xbox. If you look at the size of the DVD tray in comparison to the units overall dimensions you can see its alot smaller that the original xbox.

It think the design is great to be honest. It will fit in perfectly under the TV or in an AV rack. This is what its been designed for to appeal to the biggest possible proportion of the market !

Let make something clear as well. It dosnt matter how good it looks or how powerful it is. The Japs still wont buy it. Why ? because its American and Japanese consumers are exceptionally patriotic when it comes to protecting Japenese manufacturers whatever the product.

AML has already touched on this somewhat. Lets just say that their attitudes towards foreign products is bordering on racist :rolleyes:

At the end of the day who really cares what the japs think anyway ? The biggest video games market is the US followed by Europe (Suprisingly). I gurantee from what I have seen of this so far and the specs it will go down exceptionally well in these markets. More importantly this time it will have a head start on Nintendo and Sonys new consoles.

Getting back on topic :rolleyes: I will be interested to see what price these things retail at. I think they are going to be exteremly agressive on price this time to build up as big an installed base as possible before the PS3 is launched. If I was a betting man I would say $249 - $299 for the basic model in the states.

29. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    When you consider all the factors, you can see MS think of the console as far more than a games player - it's already being marketed as an entertainment device. MTV Launch Teaser

The USB camera is presumably for web chats, and there'll be some kind of TV streaming via t'internet. Add in the possible iPod-esque add-ons with media players, and you can see the world of consoles is evolving into a different beast, centred around but not exclusive to games. The styling of the box is crucial to this as being able to fit in with stylish living rooms and marketing.

30. geewhizz

geewhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    It could be the size of Dusty Bin...
    3.2.1 I would still buy it. :rotfl: