• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

XBox 360 price?

Drew2

What price is this unit in the UK & what is supplied with it?

I got a shock after seeing ones on EBay and at littlewoods site!

How much would it cost to have a NTSC Japanese model moded for the UK?
They are under 200quid here and come with online,headset,pad,HD cable

Hope someone can help.

Cheers...

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Always a good idea to check the faq as it answers your questions about price and what the packs include.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1889575&postcount=2

As for getting a Japanese Model working in the UK, I think you would just need a step down converter but remember you wont be able to play any games on it except Region Free and Japanese Games.

Vini

michaelT1888 said:
Are you saying you can get Premuim PAL versions of 360s in Japan?

think he's wanting to know how much they retail for here, so he could consider buying NTSC ones and shipping them here with stepdowns etc...

the premium including the whole kaboodle (hd, wireless pad etc...) retails for £279

the best pack (core) sells at £209.99

[[RRP]]

Drew2

Drew2 said:
How much would it cost to have a NTSC Japanese model moded for the UK?

Sorry, what part of NTSC didn't you get?

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
So are there any more question? all your original questions have been answered.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
He has mentioned modding an NTSC 360 for use in the UK so he either wants to use one over here or sell them over here.

Drew2

Reason was - sending one to family member as pressie. Just wondered if it would be cost effective or just to buy a UK one.
It's the 'full' bundle one thats available here.
I was also thinking of picking up a UK model for English gaming here - especially for using the on-line feature.

Cheers for the response guys!:thumbsup:

Ok you want to buy a Japanese NTSC console and send it to the UK as a pressie? this would mean you would have to buy a converter, and its only Japanese NTSC games that would work on it, PAL games(UK) wouldnt work on it.

The only game that doesnt have a regional code is DOA4

Vini

Drew2 said:
Reason was - sending one to family member as pressie. Just wondered if it would be cost effective or just to buy a UK one.
I was also thinking of picking up a UK model for English gaming here - especially for using the on-line feature.

For someone living in the UK, i'd go for the UK one. They may retail for £200 over there but wont postage bump it to our £280?

Also, games would have to come from 'there' - for now anyway :smashin:

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Drew2 said:

Well like I said you will need a step down converter and it will only be able to run Region Free and Japanese Games which will limit their choice, they wont be able to just walk down the street and buy any game.

As for using a UK model in Japan, I dont really know what type of power converter you would need if any but you will have the same problem, only Region Free and PAL games will run on it so will limit your choice.

Vini

michaelT1888 said:
The only game that doesnt have a regional code is DOA4

:thumbsdow wrong

Here's the current list of region free Xbox 360 games that you can play on a European Xbox 360. Note; that for many of these US or Japanese games to work on yourt European Xbox 360 you'll have to set your standard definition TV settings to 60Hz.

Here's the list:

Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Gun
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Quake 4
Ridge Racer 6 (US version)
Dead or Alive 4 (US version)
Amped 3 (US version)
Full Auto (US version)

Drew2

I thought that these next gen' machines were going to be region free:confused:
Aren't UK models multi-voltage for Europe?
But also Japan is region2 like the UK - was hoping that it would have a convertor inside for PAL/NTSC.

Getting games wouldn't be a problem as I would just post them or order UK ones over the 'net.

Was also going to bring it over on my next visit - cost effective, sea mail (about 7weeks) would only cost about 18quid, air mail might be about 35quid.

I have a PJ which handles any signal and my bro has a plasma that displays any video signal as well.

Any Linux hacks for it yet?

Drew2

Would make for a very cheap 3.2Ghz PC if they get it sussed:)

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Drew2 said:
I thought that these next gen' machines were going to be region free:confused:
I think there is talk about the PS3 being region free like the PSP but if it was ever discussed about the 360 I missed it.

Drew2 said:
Aren't UK models multi-voltage for Europe?
Doesnt Japan run at a higher level though like the US? because I know that people who have imported US and Japanese consoles in the past have had to use a converter.

Drew2 said:
But also Japan is region2 like the UK - was hoping that it would have a convertor inside for PAL/NTSC.
True Japan is also Region 2 but that is only for DVDs, not games.

Drew2 said:
Was also going to bring it over on my next visit - cost effective, sea mail (about 7weeks) would only cost about 18quid, air mail might be about 35quid.
Probaley worth pointing out that if you send the 360 to the UK it could get caught by customs, that is assuming you write the correct value. If you dont it could get by customs but if anything happens you wont be able to claim much.

Well what i mean is, you could buy an xbox 360 DOA4 and play it on any 360 anywhere in the world. But with other games(not games that were releaesed on 360 launch date) or games that are released on the same date worldwide, have regional codes preventing you from importing them from other countries when it hasnt been released in the UK

Vini said:
:thumbsdow wrong

Here's the current list of region free Xbox 360 games that you can play on a European Xbox 360. Note; that for many of these US or Japanese games to work on yourt European Xbox 360 you'll have to set your standard definition TV settings to 60Hz.

Here's the list:

Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Gun
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Quake 4
Ridge Racer 6 (US version)
Dead or Alive 4 (US version)
Amped 3 (US version)
Full Auto (US version)

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
michaelT1888 said:
Well what i mean is, you could buy an xbox 360 DOA4 and play it on any 360 anywhere in the world. But with other games(not games that were releaesed on 360 launch date) have regional codes preventing you from importing them from other countries when it hasnt been released in the UK
Ridge Racer 6 and Full Auto were not US launch titles but they were released region free.

Also not every copy of DOA4 is region free, the Japanese release is ment to be locked, this caused alot of trouble back in January because some reports said the game was Region Free and others said it was locked and both turned out true, US = Free / Japan = Locked

Drew2

Needs to be last post as in the middle of cooking dinner - and I am starving!!

Japan is 100V most multi-voltage PSU run from 110-240 so work fine, newer ones now cover 90V.

What region coding are they using on games then?

Customs aint so bad always put 'Gift' - no problems so far (touch wood)!!

I even brought an amp through one time - made them jump at Charles de gaule though!:rotfl:

Anyway, the fried chicken is a calling...

Later.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Unlike DVDs, games are not seperated into as many regions, actually I believe there are only 3 major one's...

NTSC - US, Canada etc
PAL - Europe, Australia etc
NTSC/J - Japan Only

As for customs, marking something as a Gift only increases the customs limit to about £35 instead of £18 so if you mark it as a Gift with a £200 value and its caught then expect £40+ in charges.

D

Deleted member 92943

I raed an article the other day which says SONY are going way too far baout stopping Pre-owned game and that when you put a game in the PS3 it will only work on that machine. That's how bad SONY are although i think having pre-owned games in stores are pointless

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom