Xbox 360 'like' PS3 guide!!

DAVISON

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,,

Title is a bit confusing but i thought I would share this!

It appears sony have taken microsofts idea of parties and also a guide function!!!

Right-click and press view image to enlarge.

Cheers
Alex

moz-screenshot-5.png
blackph.png

moz-screenshot-4.png

Looks good but don't think they will do anything like this for awhile. They have only just updated it!!

Are there a couple of screenshots missing, you have two more img tags!

Found it on the xbox forums - 'Sony copy Xbox's GUI'.

Last edited:
When did I qoute 'snip' ??

'Snip' is inserted when someone deletes the content of your quoted post when replying so it doesn't take up loads of space in the thread :)

So what did it say in the Xbox forum thread. did they have proof it;s an official sony update or did they just find a random image that some fan made or what?

This mock-up doesn't look too good but there have been some awesome ones in the past. Probably never happen though as i think Sony throttled themselves because of the lack of unified RAM

'Snip' is inserted when someone deletes the content of your quoted post when replying so it doesn't take up loads of space in the thread :)

I was actually performing a truth circumcision on this occasion clc:)

Oh, thanks - snip!!

All it had in the forum was 'Xbox fanboys' Slagging PS3's and Sony and quoting
this image. They were baisically sayinghow the ps3 follows in the 360's footsteps.

They were baisically sayinghow the ps3 follows in the 360's footsteps.
How comical! That's what industry is all about, the 360 would be without a DVD drive right now if companies wouldn't be allowed to follow other companies' footsteps!!:rotfl::rotfl:

It couldn't have an ethernet port as a console before hand has already had one...

Fanboyism is hilarious! If no-one could follow in other's footsteps - what a world would be living in now :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:.

As a great man once said "If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants"

How comical! That's what industry is all about, the 360 would be without a DVD drive right now if companies wouldn't be allowed to follow other companies' footsteps!!:rotfl::rotfl:

It couldn't have an ethernet port as a console before hand has already had one...

Fanboyism is hilarious! If no-one could follow in other's footsteps - what a world would be living in now :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:.

As a great man once said "If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants"

Imitation is supposedly the sincerest form of flattery. You know...how MS constantly flatter Apple by imitating osX:devil:

Imitation is supposedly the sincerest form of flattery. You know...how MS constantly flatter Apple by imitating osX:devil:

Not to mention Avatar's, wonder where they got those from? :rolleyes:

I actually think the XMB needs an overhaul - or at least a speed boost, I really don't see why I has to load the list of XMB options everytime you access it in-game - I mean, why do I have to wait for the "quit game" icon to appear before I can actually quit out? Does the PS3 forget what options are supposed to go where? :confused:

Not to mention Avatar's, wonder where they got those from? :rolleyes:

I actually think the XMB needs an overhaul - or at least a speed boost, I really don't see why I has to load the list of XMB options everytime you access it in-game - I mean, why do I have to wait for the "quit game" icon to appear before I can actually quit out? Does the PS3 forget what options are supposed to go where? :confused:

Just hold the PS button on the pad a bit longer so you get the 'quit game' on that menu. Much quicker.

That looks really shonky! I've never used an xbox, is the menu actually like that?

Its more of a 'simpler' version on the 360.:

Here you go

sdc10481.jpg

Agreed. And why does the XMB insist on downloading the avatar pics every time it populates your friends list (even when some of your friends use the same pic). The number of avatars available are still very limited so why isn't this cached? XMB seems to have slowed down considerably since the v3.0 update.

The worst thing in 3.0 is the fact they put the PS store where the trophy icon was. Have to move up an extra icon now :(

Not that I'm a trophy whore and check my trophies that much.. *cough*

Ash

Its more of a 'simpler' version on the 360.:

Here you go

sdc10481.jpg

Cheers for posting that. That looks ok, has all the info there. I think I prefer the menu on the PS but it's a case of what you're used to really.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom