1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Leaked Confrence Slides (inc some interesting pics) (56k Beware)

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Kopite4Ever, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    what struck me firstly was a) what the fudge is a sony psp doing on one of the slides. b) the controller with the keyboard and c) the VGA cable mentioning 1080i out but not 720p instead 1024x768 IIRC. didnt know wireless was on usb as wel, oh well look comment below :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,708
    mmmm, no 1280x720 listed either, very odd and slightly worrying!

3. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    It's funny how I don't understand a word of spanish, but could easily get the jist of what it said on there. I wonder if people who natively speak another language and don't speak english can do the same?

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Cheers Kopite :smashin: very interesting.

very excited :D

Gary

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    if you look closely it say Half Life 3 in the middle box of the XNA engine slide. on another forum i'm a member of one of the guys did a translation which was handy

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    I wouldn't worry about that i'm sure that they will output 720p as it's a standard resolution. I think that 768p is just the pal equivalent of 720p in a similar way to how 525 is a pal equivalent of 480.

I notice that the audio is also analogue L/R and not digital optical or digital coax which I find more worrying. Again i'm sure that there will be a digital out as there doesn't seem much point in going backwards technology wise.

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    I wouldn't worry about that i'm sure that they will output 720p as it's a standard resolution. I think that 768p is just the pal equivalent of 720p in a similar way to how 525 is a pal equivalent of 480.

I notice that the audio is also analogue L/R and not digital optical or digital coax which I find more worrying. Again i'm sure that there will be a digital out as there doesn't seem much point in going backwards technology wise. Infact it says "Salida fibra opitca y audio estereo" so I presume this refers to optical out even though it's not pictured.

8. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,708
    But 720p is 1280x720 is it not (native res for e.g. the Z3 is anyway). That lists 1024x768 and 1920x1080.

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    It is indeed. Athough many plasma's have a native resolution of 1024 x 768p as well. It will be interesting to see what they go for as the NTSC boxes may be 720p and the PAL boxes may be 768p.

10. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Xbox 360 is 720p native out of the box. This has already been confirmed by MS, in fact its all they went on about at E3. Also good to see that there will be component as well as vga options for connectivity.

Looks like they are definately offering some sort of the connectivity with the PSP as well. Thats really going to p*** Sony off.

I think the opitical outs on the actual console itself this time not on the av block. Again they have already confirmed 5.1 / dts. Are they actually going to tell us how much its going to cost. Less than 4 months to launch and so no idea on pricing. They have been taking money of people on preorders in the stats now for months but the stores still dont know what the retail will be.

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    We don't know for sure that the PAL consoles will be 720p or 768p though - these slides seem to point towards 768p. The X-Box only has 720p as it's in NTSC mode and there wasn't HD for PAL modes. What about all of those plasma's with a native 768p screen? I hope that they stick to what they said at E3 for all regions so that I can get a 1:1 pixel map with my Z3.

Personally I think that Sony will be pretty chuffed about this. It's great news for PSP, it's another market for them as it may sway people with 360's into buying one :smashin: .

12. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Okay, my take on that info above means the Xbox360 will do 640x480 by default for CRT TVs, 1024x768 (common 4:3 computer rez), and 1920x1080 for HD TV owners.
    I know they said 720, but it looks like they're outputting 1080 and letting the TVs downscale to 720 - remember there's a tie-in with Samsung LCD TVs, so that and the fact that PS3 will do 1080 means it looks like MS know that 1080 panels are going to come in smaller sizes, rather than 40"+, or the prices of those panels is going to drop significantly.
    To me, this makes perfect sense and has been kept hush-hush to pleasantly surprise people who were expecting 720 max output.

That keyboard attachment for the controller looks interesting - better have nimble fingers!!
    Nice remote controller this time round - looks like something Samsung would supply with their TVs.
    The image of Gladiator looks nice as well.
    20GB HDD, and 12x dual layer DVD - but no mention of which route they're going - HD-DVD or BRay. I suspect it'll be the former. Toshiba will be trying vey hard to persuade MS they are the best bet, seeing as PS3 will use Sony backed B-Ray.

13. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    MS have alreay confirmed there will be no HD DVD capability on the 360.
    The technology isnt available for the products launch and the games producers wanted the faster load times offered by dvd 9.

14. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I'm a bit perplexed about the PSP image too! :confused:

15. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    MS informed us at E3 that they would be doing 720p as standard with also 1080i available. 1080i was never a secret of any sort. The vast majority of games will be done to the 720p standard and many find a 720p image better than an interlaced 1080i image anyway. The resolutions shown on those slides are naturally extra resolutions available just through VGA for when connecting to a PC monitor as they are not widescreen resolutions and MS said that all games would be in widescreen (i.e. 1280 x 720p)

This is from MS's 360 fact sheet, viewable in full here

I play games on my PC in 1280 x 720 and they look fantastic - Half Life 2 in 720p widescreen is just amazing!

16. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    Why? Again MS mentioned that the 360 would have PSP conectivity during their E3 show.

17. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Thanks for the link CAS - but point or order, 1920x1080 is widescreen.

18. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    you can always count on me to rock the boat with some pics. im hoping PAL will have 720p output to 1:1 with my PJ. i cant see them screwing us over again. the extra resolutions for PC is an added bonus as well as you could just input to a PC monitor and away you go. also noticed the reference to sony again "ala eyetoy" i just NEED a price now so i know what i can realistically put away for a console/extra pad/VGA cable (if i need it) and 3 games

19. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    oops sorry edited post above in error - I returned it to it's previous form.

Yes you are correct, however the other 2 resolutions are 4:3 though.

I guess as MS have stated that the standard will bw widescreen 720p & 1080i then we have nothing to worry about. Can't wait to get some lovely 720p 360 games running on my Z3 :clap: .

20. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Did they? [​IMG] Must have missed that one! [​IMG]

21. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    Yes a price would be very good indeed - i'd have thought that they'd have released one by now as people need to get saving!

I wonder if the 720p & 1080i w/s resolutions will be available through VGA or maybe just component. It's a real shame that there's not HDMI on the 360 though as a lovely digital image would look better than the analogue alternatives.

Personally i'm looking at a launch day spend of between £350 & £400 which I hope will bag the console, an a/v lead and a couple of games. I'll probably preorder my games from the internet (they should go for about £30-£35 online i'd say but probably £40 - £45 in the shops). So if the console is around £250 then you'll be looking at around £350 for a lead (say £25) and a couple of games (say £60 - £80). If the console is £300 then you'll be looking more like £400. As it's my B'day on the 15th Nov then I may be able to persuade a few people to get me an extra pad and another game or two :smashin: . Well, that's if it's out by then anyway!

22. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    Indeed, the E3 video is still available for download at Gamespot I think.

23. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    it would be easy for them to apply these Res's over VGA. tbh im not that miffed over HDMI/DVI not being inc and here is why. when im playing a game i generally am too immersed in the game to notice the visuals that much. yes i will notice them but not to the fact i would with a film. component/VGA will be fine for a console but imo you need Digital connection for movies. think i will have to get a new VGA cable in the wall before 360 is here as the one supplied is hardly going to be long enough for most our needs.

this really would make sense as people would actually start thinking about pre-ordering months ago. its really strange they havnt its like 4 months away. my only thinking behind it is there is going to be a big massive ad scheme starting soon were 360 will be plastered here, there and everywhere to let you know its coming, rather than just letting people know through media like the web, mag's they will want your grandparents to know about it etc.

this seems a resonable estimate for a few games inc the problem is what games to choose :) i want a bit of variaty so i think my 3 will be GOW, PGR3 and COD2. pity there will be no WE/PES so i may have to do the dirrty and get fifa/we love football just to see what next gen footy looks like for a stop gap untill the daddy comes out :D

24. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    I agree that HDMI isn't essential but it would have been nice. It just gives everything that little bit more crispness with no noise or even the slightest ghosting. I admit that with good analogue cables you can all but eliminate this but HDMI would have been nice, if not essential.

Games wise I will be going for PGR3 (for definate) and one of the FPS's (probably GR3 as I prefer more tactical FPS games). I may even just get PGR3 at launch as i'll probably just play that solid for the first month or two and I don't really want another game distracting me. I'll then wait and see how the first lot of reviews go before deciding on an FPS title. I came to the X-box pretty late (last Autumn) and as such bought most of the better titles available, almost at once. As such most of them have just gone unplayed as you tend to find that you just stick to one game. There have only really been 4 games that have had a lot of play and they are PES4, PGR2, Brothers in Arms and Forza. Halo 2 got a bit of play but was never finished, Ninja Gaiden had a shockingly small amount of play, Riddick had a few hours but wasn't finished, Top Spin gets the odd game, XIII has had about 10 mins play, Burnout 3 only an hour or so, Outrun about an hour or so as well, Soul Calibur 2 about an hour (was only really bought for it's 720p output), Panzer Dragoon about an hour or 2 and Men of Valor a few hours (mainly on multiplayer).

As I have all 3 consoles, a PSP and a PC then it's the same with each of those. Too many games, not enough time!

25. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,356
    Wonder what that wired controller is all about :confused:

26. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    MS mentioned that they were also doing a wired controller as in some cases the wireless ones can be affected by interference from external sources.

Generally i'd say that most people will be fine with the wireless ones.

27. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  28. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,708
    'Probably one of the most interesting slides if the following one, which shows what looks like an in-game shot of a Gladiator inspired character, that could either be a real game in the works based on the movie starring Russell Crowe or a simple concept image to showcase the Xbox 360 capabilities'

DOH, surely that was just to show the dvd playback capability!

29. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,846
    Indeed - it's just a clip from the film :D :rotfl: .

Still that clears up the VGA thing then. Essentially it sounds like there will be a full run through of resolutions when connected to a VGA monitor, which is great! :clap:

30. rayko

rayko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So wont that be perfect for plasma owners to play with VGA cabel that got native resolution at 1024x768?