Xbox 360 Hi Def drive -on the High Street yet?

SNICK

Established Member
Reaction score
As and when these little beauties start to appear, be great to track availability (within reason of course) for the next few days or so.

If spotted, get posting:hiya:

GameStop have been selling them all week in NI.

Its a pitty GameStop dont have branches on the Mainland did they not use to be called Golden Disc or formed from Golden Disc. :confused: Might pick one up this weekend as I going home for a few days! :smashin:

The same thing for Gamestation no store in NI yet on mainland and also Blockbuster no store in NI yet Xtravision (Yes Blockbuster do own Xtravision).:confused:

GameStop have been selling them all week in NI.

Belfast is sold out of them - I know this becuase I was on their doorstep at 9am this morning and left empty handed.

Bangor have some, however they're all reserved (only Belfast broke the release date)

L/Derry have none left either - I managed to secure one, so I'll be driving the 90 miles or so tomorrow - work is sending me up there anyway :)

Not sure how Newry are stocked - but I did read they weren't selling any til tomorrow.

Currys in Farnborough have 2 or 3 as of 4.30pm when I picked one up.

The staff are likely to look at you with a blank face when you ask though, you need to get them to fully check how many they had against how many have been sold.

PC World seem to have spare stock at some branches - they certainly did for me :clap:

See the preorder thread in the XboX 360 section of this forum. Some cunning folk have been calling the PC World helpline, quoting the stock code number (it's in the thread) and asking the helpine person to go check their nearest branches for stock.

Currys in Guildford also had them in today, but refused to sell me one! Good job the staff at OC World were less on the ball over street dates :devil:

PC World seem to have spare stock at some branches - they certainly did for me :clap:

See the preorder thread in the XboX 360 section of this forum. Some cunning folk have been calling the PC World helpline, quoting the stock code number (it's in the thread) and asking the helpine person to go check their nearest branches for stock.

Currys in Guildford also had them in today, but refused to sell me one! Good job the staff at OC World were less on the ball over street dates :devil:

I just called Currys in Guildford and the Manager said that he has not had any stock as of yet... are you telling porkies ;)

My local independant in Stafford had 2 in both of which were pre-orders. (Me and another guy). Apparently was meant to be getting 4 in. Still im a happy bunny. Just running the install as we speak. :clap:

I just called Currys in Guildford and the Manager said that he has not had any stock as of yet... are you telling porkies ;)

Aha but which Curry's did you call? I asked at the one next to PC World and the definitely had some, however the one by Woolworths may not!

I went into the Curry's in Guildford about 90mins ago and they said they hadn't had any in today.

Shame I was too lazy to walk over to PC World though as I could of got one there!!

Aha but which Curry's did you call? I asked at the one next to PC World and the definitely had some, however the one by Woolworths may not!

Yep I called "Currys" (Woodbridge Road) and he said that he had not had any in yet. I also called "Currys Digital" next to Woolworths. Perhaps the Manager is telling porkies then? :devil:

PC World (Woodbridge Road) also said that the only stock they had was already allocated to pre-book customers.

PC World Colliers Wood (near Wimbledon) had none but checked stock at Croydon for me.
PC World Croydon had 3, now only have 2 left (as of 16:00).

Currys didnt have a clue.

just rung the pc world helpline(!) and they said they wont have any drives until the 8th december (!)

Anyone know if tescos are having them in?

I popped into PC World and they basically brushed me off, saying they're not released yet.:thumbsdow

So I walked about a hundred yards down the road into Curry's and to my surprise they were on the shelf. :laugh: The guy claimed they only received eight machines. I went back this evening to try and get a machine for a mate but they'd all gone. Maybe they'd realised their mistake and pulled them from the shelf.

I've just picked one up tonight at Virgin Megastore at Meadowhall, Sheffield. Never got down their as quick !! Called at 9pm and he put one behind the counter for me. Picked it up at 9.30pm.

Dont bother calling Currys as they tell you they dont have any stock.
I phoned them today at 2:00pm and they said they didnt have any (Portsmouth Branch Ocean retail park)

But I walked in and asked at the customer service desk and they had quite a few in but they didnt say how many.

I got mine... So if your in the area better get down there quick tommorow...
:thumbsup:

By complete chance popped into the new Currys at Riverside Norwich on the way to the cinema.

They had two on the shelf and I bagged one. That was around 7:30pm tonight

:D

By complete chance popped into the new Currys at Riverside Norwich on the way to the cinema.

They had two on the shelf and I bagged one. That was around 7:30pm tonight

:D

Nice one! There appears to be a trend in all these threads. The people who are getting them in the shops are just going in on the off chance or their wife spotted it. But the people who are hunting round all the stores are not getting them :(

Spent the entire day going round the city to be laughted at. Getting up early tomorrow so I can pop round all the shops again when they open just in case they had a deliver over night.

Nice one! There appears to be a trend in all these threads. The people who are getting them in the shops are just going in on the off chance or their wife spotted it. But the people who are hunting round all the stores are not getting them :(

If you're quick you'll spot them removing all the drives from the shelves when they see you coming! :D :D

If you're quick you'll spot them removing all the drives from the shelves when they see you coming! :D :D

lol. The annoying thing is almost all the shops went "You should have pre-ordered online with someone"

Never shopping at Amazon again. Its not the fact they have none its the lack of communication from them. If they told me this morning there will be a delay I would have went out straight away to all the shops instead of hanging on till late afternoon.

Got one last night from pc world at preston deepdale.First guy i asked didn't
know what i was on about and even said the 360 already had a hd drive in it.
okaaaaaaaay!so i quickly moved on and asked a gentleman at the desk.said they'd had 3 delivered but had all been snagged by staff.He went in the back to
check for more anyway and came back with one.He'd asked a member of
staff if they'd give theirs up and they said yes.Now all i need is for my new
tv to turn up and i can stop glancing over at my sealed up box.Seem to be
a lot of people coming up trumps at pc world.The DSG group doing good for once eh?Big thumbs up to the guy who served me though,good customer service is hard to find.

Got one last night from pc world at preston deepdale.First guy i asked didn't
know what i was on about and even said the 360 already had a hd drive in it.
okaaaaaaaay!so i quickly moved on and asked a gentleman at the desk.said they'd had 3 delivered but had all been snagged by staff.He went in the back to
check for more anyway and came back with one.He'd asked a member of
staff if they'd give theirs up and they said yes.
Now all i need is for my new
tv to turn up and i can stop glancing over at my sealed up box.Seem to be
a lot of people coming up trumps at pc world.The DSG group doing good for once eh?Big thumbs up to the guy who served me though,good customer service is hard to find.

Call me cynical but I just can't can't see that happening at all. I would have thought either they want the cash or they want the drive, I think there's more chance he found another one.

Anyway congrats on getting one, I'll bring my display over to your house and we can get watching.:D

I managed to get my girlfriend to stop off at the flagship HMV store on Oxford St on her way to work this morning....!!:devil:

Still waiting to see if she has managed to get me one...apparently she was waiting to get in at 9.30.

been to every xbox-type shop in wrexham and nothing! Nothing at pcworld,currys,game,game-station and woolies oh and hmv! Any ideas locally thats got any?

(got a hmv pre-order waiting....)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom