Xbox 360 Help Please??

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by rik_t, Aug 3, 2006.

1. rik_t

rik_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have just purchased an Xbox 360 Premium system of eBay. Been to collect it and think its great.
    Only question I have is that I was told it was the premium system, it does have the hard drive, and came with 2 wireless controllers. I have it outputing in HD via component.
    The only thing is that the front CD tray is not silver/chrome like all the other premium systems I have seen? Is there a reason for this?
    Regards,
    Rik

2. rio1981

rio1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Think you've been sold it as a Premium, ie: wireless controllers, HD cable, hard drive, etc... but I don't think the console itself is a Premium.

If you can live without the chrome tray then fine but I do think you've been mis-sold to a point.

3. rik_t

rik_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So apart from the DVD tray colour, the systems are the same? Its just what is included in the package from new?
    Do you think I should attempt to gain a refund and get an actual premium system?

4. Downinja

Downinja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Hardly worth the hassle, the only difference is HDD, Wireless controller & Headset. If you have all of those, why swap it.

5. rik_t

rik_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My package came with the HDD, 2 wireless controller, DVD remote, head set, VGA HD Lead, component HD lead, Halo, Halo 2, Battlefield 2 and PGR3 for £270.

So I suppose apart from the case style I have the premium system so I can't complain.

Can I change the case?

6. rio1981

rio1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Depends on how important the aesthetics of a chrome DVD tray are to you - I'd say it's not very important myself (I have a fully-upgraded Core too).

I'd say stick with it and start enjoying what it's got to offer :smashin:

EDIT - just seen your latest post. Mate, you got a bargain with everything thrown in, so that highlights my last point: enjoy!

7. rik_t

rik_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering, can I change the case to the Premium case? I like the fact that it has the pearlesant finish etc? rather than the plain white.

8. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Why consider changing it I think you have got quite a good deal there...You can obviously change the face plate if you desire

9. rik_t

rik_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now that you have all advised me on the good deal I am happy as I see what a good deal I have got.
    I just want to change the face plate or case now to get away from the white look. Where can I get these from?

10. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Pearlesant finish? They are both exactly the same aside from the DVD drive is a chromey metal colour (silver). Unless you mean the grate on the top of the system..

You can get faceplates from most places, perhaps the best one for you is the Sun one (orange swirls), available from most places on the high street, Play.com or Amazon.co.uk may have them cheap, or check out ebay.

11. rik_t

rik_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read somewhere that the premium had a different case finish but it sound like it was wrong.
    I have seen for £40 you can get whole new cases, which includes the front panel and cd tray. I have found a gloss black one which will go very nicely with my new gloss black Samsung LCD and cinema system. :thumbsup:

12. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Be wary about replacing the whole case, as Microsoft will not replace it if it ever develops faults in the future (the 360).

13. Jay

Jay
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Basically it was originally a core system and the hard drive headset and wireless controllers have been bought seperately, there is no difference between the console in a preimum and a core pack other than the premium has a chrome finish tray, i personally wouldn't worry. Your lucky you got anything at all :D after all the horror stories from ebay. Anyway enjoy your console.

edit: sorry ignore me , i should really leran to read the whole thread rather than just the original post. oops