Xbox 360 HDDVD

S

sefc123

hey all

im just getting into all this HD stuff and from what ive seen (which is next to nothing, apart from BBC HD) its fantastic

I have been thinking though about getting the Xbox HD DVD player and i might end up connecting it to PC now and again, but what PC requirements are there? is there a specific graphics card I need or anything?

Also, I have a 17" samsung lcd, which is not HD ready because it doesnt have a HDMI port, but I have my Xbox 360 using component and i play it on 720p and I understand that SD DVDs will only upscale if you use VGA. Now all i seem to have on this TV is component, DVI(HDCP) and RGB, would this all be OK for the 360 HDDVD drive?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
hey all

im just getting into all this HD stuff and from what ive seen (which is next to nothing, apart from BBC HD) its fantastic

I have been thinking though about getting the Xbox HD DVD player and i might end up connecting it to PC now and again, but what PC requirements are there? is there a specific graphics card I need or anything?

Also, I have a 17" samsung lcd, which is not HD ready because it doesnt have a HDMI port, but I have my Xbox 360 using component and i play it on 720p and I understand that SD DVDs will only upscale if you use VGA. Now all i seem to have on this TV is component, DVI(HDCP) and RGB, would this all be OK for the 360 HDDVD drive?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Might be worth posting in the LCD forum - and quoting the model number.

If your DVI input is DVI-I and not just DVI-D you might be able to use a VGA->DVI converter (DVI-I carries analogue VGA as well as digital DVI video - DVI-D is DVI digital video only)

Is your RGB input a SCART? If so it is probably SD only.

Also - the only benefit to the VGA connection seems to be upscaling regular DVDs? If so - this presumably will only be an improvement if the XBox 360 does a better job than your display when fed and SD source (or progressive 480p or 576p - isn't this what the 360 outputs?)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom