• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Xbox 360 HD-DVD OR Tosh HD-E1

D

Deleted member 92943

E1. The add-on (which i had) was just not usable becuase of the noise from the 360. E1 is a good relaible player. Can be bought for a stupidly cheap price like £175 and you can claim 2 free movies from toshiba

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
I have a Xbox addon and don't have a HD-E1.

However from what I've read on here and experienced, I don't think you'll notice any major differences in PQ or SQ between the two, but the HD-E1 is I believe pretty good SD player, The Xbox I presume just average. Some people have noisey Xboxes too, which they find distracting during a film.. and most prefere the option of a standalone player..

Bascially if I was you, I'd decide if I wanted a stand alone player or an Addon rather than basing your decision on the PQ/SQ of either..

ManuB

Established Member
Does it make more noise then the PS3?

7hil

Prominent Member
Simple really, if you can afford the E1 get that, if not, get the add on. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom