Xbox 360 hard drive upgrading

Kxdan

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the original xbox 360 not the slim version , and am wanting to upgrade my 20gb hard drive to a 160gb toshiba hdd2503 which i tore from my old laptop . After a while of poking around and numerous useless sources i believed that i could simply format it to FAT32 and place it back in the hdd case , plug it in and xbox would do the rest , ive taken all my files off the old hdd and i went to place them on the new hdd and the "partition 3" which i am suppost to place them in does not exist ( i know i havent created a partition im just saying )
Did the tutorial miss a huge chunk here ?
other sources tell me i have to flash it , but it must only be a western digital scorpio drive . is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated
thanks
kx

You can't just stick any old drive in a 360.

If you format mem stick or harddrive as fat32 then place it in 360 it will allow you to view files only ie if you have like music on it.

in the setting on the 360 it will give you an option to format the drive but that would only allow max 16gb.

The western digital drive hack is using software to flash that drives firmware so it is a clone of an genuine xbox 360 hard drive so it will think it's retail drive so you would see the full space.

If you go to CEX you can get hard-drives for very cheap. I got a 120 gig for £30. Maybe easier just doing it like that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom