• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

XBOX 360 Graint picture

Red D

Standard Member
Hi

I bought a Hannspree 32" (Wing/LT35) TV this week and have plugged the xbox 360 into it via scart and the picture is terrible (really grainy).

Its exactly the same scart lead and setup as I had on my last tv that worked fine.

Ive gone through the display settings on the 360 and on the TV but can't seem to find anything that makes any improvement.

Anyone any ideas?

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks

(Oh and its an older model pre-2007 360 with no HDMI output)

Algoz

Established Member

scottmillar28

Established Member
get the componenet lead for the xbox and you will notice a huge improvement, Picture will look even better than youre old tv even though youre tv's 'crap', LOL, Nothing wrong with youre tv, just needs quality in for quality out

Red D

Standard Member
get the componenet lead for the xbox and you will notice a huge improvement, Picture will look even better than youre old tv even though youre tv's 'crap', LOL, Nothing wrong with youre tv, just needs quality in for quality out

is that going to make any difference to the standard composite cable that came with the 360?

trawling through that hanspree thread on the main forum, it looks like its the ports on the tv might not support consoles, which seems a bit :censored:. Might I be better buying a hdmi adaptor?

Zappes

Established Member
is that going to make any difference to the standard composite cable that came with the 360?

No. The compoiste cable that came with your XBox 360 can be used as a component cable as well. Just flip the switch on the one end to switch between Composite/SDTV and Component/HDTV. Then connect the component plugs to your TV, start up the box and select a proper resolution for your TV, propably 720p will be correct.

Red D

Standard Member
No. The compoiste cable that came with your XBox 360 can be used as a component cable as well. Just flip the switch on the one end to switch between Composite/SDTV and Component/HDTV. Then connect the component plugs to your TV, start up the box and select a proper resolution for your TV, propably 720p will be correct.

but my 360 and the composite cable doesnt have a hd switch on it? its a pre-2007 model

the lead is the same as this one;

L10872727.jpg

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
ok it looks rubbish because your getting a standard def picture on your hd tv becasue of the composite (red white yellow), you want a hd picture and it will look awesome, you need component (red white, blue green and something else i forget), i thought this lead with the hd switch came with every 360, phone microsoft and try blagging one or failing that its just worth the money and buy one.

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardw...ox-360-Component-HD-AV-Cable/?s=360+component

one of these would work, shop around though and get whats best for your money etc etc. like i say they should have bundled one that went xbox connector> branches to> shared audio through red and white and composite (yellow for sd picture), using the switch on its side (get hd picture through blue green and whatever the other one is).

Red D

Standard Member
ok it looks rubbish because your getting a standard def picture on your hd tv becasue of the composite (red white yellow), you want a hd picture and it will look awesome, you need component (red white, blue green and something else i forget), i thought this lead with the hd switch came with every 360, phone microsoft and try blagging one or failing that its just worth the money and buy one.

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/~r327030/Xbox-360-Component-HD-AV-Cable/?s=360+component

one of these would work, shop around though and get whats best for your money etc etc. like i say they should have bundled one that went xbox connector> branches to> shared audio through red and white and composite (yellow for sd picture), using the switch on its side (get hd picture through blue green and whatever the other one is).

cheers, just got one off ebay, fingers crossed!

beasty54

Distinguished Member
cheers, just got one off ebay, fingers crossed!

You dont need to cross your fingers mate, You've been looking at a Standard Definition Picture on a High Definition set, I had to temporarily use the 360 on a standard definition TV and OMG :eek: it was awfull. Once you see it in high definition you'll notice the difference instantly.

Desmo

Distinguished Member
i thought this lead with the hd switch came with every 360
Nope. The original Core's only came with composite :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom