Xbox 360 - Games 'Discussion'

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by SuperSaiyan4, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi all making this thread for those if any wish to talk about all Xbox 360 games in general i.e. Which ones you like and or dislike also stating what you dont like about it.

Also giving your opinions of views based on any issues with the game i.e. Not really great visually, poor gameplay etc.

Countless threads with everyone praising everything, there is room to praise and room to complain.

I will start off with ports in general being 2 in particular, Hitman and Tomb Raider for the 360. I played both and found both to be dreadful in visuals and gameplay as such games like these do not warrant the £49.99rrp price tag.

King Kong however is a pretty decent title not bad at £24.99 with GAME's deal of the week offer - not worth keeping imo however definently worth playing.
    The game is pretty dark and is worth playing in HD since especially Ubisoft said its not optimised for SD (something like that as it appears too dark in SD).

Kameo superb game but with its flaws, quick ending, visuals on close up of the grass isnt grass at all but just rendering flat image. But for gameplay and overall visuals its stunning.

PGR3 visually its intense in HD, gameplay is questionable since it doesnt fair that well in comparison to PGR2, especially given its lack of tracks and also online lobbies are not as refined as PGR 2 is.

Many more I could list but lets start on what you guys think on the games, remember room to praise and complain - but would like to hear a forum discussion on the games on any niggles you might have and perhaps what would be nice to see in terms of improvements or if sequels were released what you would like to see in that.

My main gripe soo far is character modelling, hopefully this will improve vastly in the 3rd gen of games as we can see from Gears of War and Mass Effect its certainly shaping up very nicely.

2. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I get irritated when people say something is rubbish in a game without justifying it, or holding completely opposing views with regards to other games. For example, saying that Ninety Nine Nights is great fun, then slamming Dead Rising because all you do it hit stuff (like zombies). :)

3. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    This is a fair discussion, doesnt bother me what you say its your opinion.

So what do you not like about Ninety Nine Nights?

I dont like Dead Rising as its not my kind of game, I played the demo and hated it, it was 1 zombie after another, therefore one could argue that N3 is similar in how you fight one lot of enemies after another. However if I look at the 2 games and HOW they play its my preference on how N3 plays over DR.

I love combos, hack and slash etc however I do not like what seems to me mindless entertainment of picking up certain objects to kill zombies.

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    I dont like it when some people think im not hardcore enough of a gamer to have valid opinions on any game.

5. nutter45

nutter45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Why not just discuss the individual games in the proper threads? eg I'm sure the PGR3 thread is the perfect place to discuss how it looks and plays etc. Or am I missing something :confused:

6. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    No one appreciates my input on any games, instead if I were to go in those threads it would end up in a negative argument AND I would probably get banned.

Instead say what you want about any game in here, this will hopefully be my little home where I can say what I really feel about all the games and you guys can too!:clap:

7. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    Altogether AWWWWWWWWW

Is it time for the attention whore picture :rotfl:

8. Northerner76

Northerner76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I sort of agree with you on this, I found the Dead Rising demo to be a bit of short term fun, but it soon got repetitive after a few hours exploration and bloodletting... mind you, it's only a demo and I would expect the final game to offer a less repetitive experience... perhaps through an immersive storyline (I liked the short clips of the loony with the big sword and the redneck type sniper family.. intriguing).

As for other games:

Perfect Dark - I found the single player to be dissapointing - the storline line and setpieces were the main causes. Multiplayer is great - a really varied and well thought out experience and IMHO a must have LIVE title. Just a shame I cannot after many hours master the accuracy... it's just doesn't seem right to me.

I echo the above for Battlefield 2 - although this has less gaming variety online and probably has an even worse single player experience.. but online it is superb... probably beating Perfect Dark simply due to the better more natural control feel...

9. kidgloves

kidgloves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    In defence of Dead Rising these are the closing statements of the reviews to date

Gamespot 8.4

While not everything Dead Rising takes a stab at works to its benefit, it's still one of the more unique and enjoyable games on the Xbox 360. There aren't many games that give you the level of pure, bizarre variety that this game does, and its splendidly brutal yet entirely silly brand of action is too much fun to ignore. Some people are undoubtedly going to be severely put off by the constant battle between the game structure and save system, but no amount of structural missteps manage to derail this ride. It's zombie action for people who want zombie action, and it's simply a great piece of entertainment.

IGN 8.3

Though Dead Rising may seem like a simple, mindless game when you first pick it up, it eventually reveals itself as a deeper experience. Tons of extras are packed into Willamette's shops, there are magazine power-ups and special drink mixes to be brewed, lots of clothing combinations, countless pictures to be taken and plenty of NPCs to be saved. The game provides an incentive for every aspect, making each worth pursuing. It's a game that somehow remains cohesive despite having so many seemingly unrelated elements. The save system means you're going to be playing through the 72 Hour and Overtime modes multiple times, but at least along the way you'll level up, get the best ending, nab more achievements, and get better scores on the Xbox Live leaderboards. With a better save system, more intelligent NPCs, a more forgiving story progression, and tighter controls, Dead Rising could have been even more fun than it already is. Even despite those issues, after several times through it's impossible to deny the appeal inherent in slaughtering Willamette's zombified shoppers. Now if only there was a cooperative mode. We suppose we'll have to wait for the sequel, if Capcom decides to make one. As it stands, Dead Rising is one of the more unique and entertaining titles on the Xbox 360.

TeamXbox 8.7

Dead Rising may not be a game for everyone, but it for those that have enjoyed past Capcom games and zombie games of the past will definitely want to check this out as it’s completely dissimilar from anything you’ve seen before. The astounding level of variety that is packed into the game is wonderful to see. While side missions can be tedious at times, there’s nothing that’s truly forcing you to complete them so feel free to steer clear if you like. The story is engaging and semi-comical at times, it definitely heads in a different direction than you’re expecting at the beginning. In short, this is the game that you should own in the interim between now and the holiday season’s onslaught of gaming bliss.

1UP 8.0

The end result is a relentlessly inventive game worth the price of entry. With more than enough first-person shooters, racing games, and other cookie-cutter filler swamping the 360, it's encouraging to see such an original title land on the system. The experience is flawed -- some might say hampered -- by the save system and curiously designed game structure. But whether you 'get it' or not, Dead Rising nevertheless provides a wealth of secrets and mysteries for both eager gamers and the adventuresome. With each repeated play through a stage, Frank becomes stronger, better able to uncover the mysteries behind this allegorical horror adventure (we'll let you discover what really makes zombies zombies), and the experience becomes richer for it. While there's plenty of room for polish and finesse in future iterations, no hardcore gamer should miss the wholly unique experience provided in Dead Rising's debut.

GameBrink 8.4

Dead Rising is a unique, inventive, and fun game that youll most likely want to play and own due to its huge amount of replayability from random slash-a-thons to side quests and item discovery; you can spend a whole lot of time in this game. Then again if the save system and RPG leveling system turn you off you might be better off renting it first. Either way Dead Rising is an excellent entry into the XBOX 360s library

Unique, inventive, variety, entertaining. Take your pick.
    If you play a game with a hack and slash style. Guess what.....

It becomes repetitive

10. nutter45

nutter45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    If you can reasonably and sensibly back up any opinion you might have why on earth would you get banned?

I'm not sure you'll get what you want out of this :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    The storyline is pretty drab in NNN, compare that to Dead Rising which has an entertaining and intruiging one, then I really do prefer DR.

Dead Rising is loads of zombies, NNN is loads of gollem-like LotR enemies which offer no connection or interest for me, I play it for the gameplay obviously, and for that, it's repetetive and yawnsome sometimes. DR gives more of a connection because of the fact they were humans, and the different objects you can interact with in many different ways, and the sense of humour apparent throughtout.

If you don't like what seems to be mindless entertainment, I don't see how you can like NNN, it's even more mindless because of the repetetive nature of the full game. DR offers variety such as different ways to kill zombies, different ways to approach the story (five or six different endings IIRC), colourful and entertaining surroundings etc.

12. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Tomb raider was a really good game to play imo and so what if the visuals were'nt that great? it was fun and i enjoyed every second of it, yeah it was on the short side but that did'nt really bother me as i get bored if a game is too big.

I remember you saying the grass was'nt next gen enough! and i thought omfg are you kidding lad? are your really that sad to go looking at the grass and think this aint next gen graphic i'll go post about it on forums? that is sad i'm sorry but it is. :D

Most of your moaning is to do with graphics is that all you care about? there is more to next gen games than graphics as i'm sure you know being hardcore and all? I'm all for having the best graphics possable but if a game has'nt got them then that would'nt stop me playing it if the gameplay was good.

So why doe's it stop you? not looking to start a flame war i would just like to know?

Yours mr blocky head ;)

13. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209

Couldn't put it better myself...:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.