Quantcast

Xbox 360 Full System £251.97, Core £188.97 @ Asda

branny

Thought i'd share this with you as it makes this the cheapest deal around I believe.

Pre-order at asda

http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/mall/tplsearchstore.cfm

and use the 10% off code of halloween05.

Case the code is removed by mods (not sure if allowed to post codes), use the code for 10% off as here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/News+index-catid-153-topic-.phtml

10% off games as well. Just ordered the full system with CoD 2 for total price of £287!!!!! :eek: :clap: :thumbsup:

Hope thats of use for you.

Cheers
Branny

Croker

Novice Member
Damn straight it is!

Well played, man. Thanks for spreading the word! :D

Have preordered the "Fully Loaded" system (haven't seen it called that anywhere else, but hey, I don't mind!) Elder Scrolls: Oblivion & COD2 for the frankly great price of £323.96!

Meanwhile, my preorder with Amazon is apparently going to cost me about £285 to get to my door, without any games to play on it...I'd be looking at around £364.98 for the same items via Amazon, which has obviously now lost it's appeal somewhat!

Asda win this round - assuming that they have the stock to get it to me on the day of release, that is.

Mind you, with a deal like this, I might be prepared to wait!

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Any idea if these will be shipped or will they be available to pick up from one's local store (only a mile away :) ) at midnight + 1 min on the 2nd of Dec:D

branny

Asks for delivery address so I reckon delievered unless you can sort something with Customer Services.

Branny

brain_stew

Novice Member
Wow that's a great deal, first of all the £34 games and now the system for little over £250, who'd have thought Asda were the best place for 360 stuff. I can't really take advantage of this, because I've already put my preorder down but its a great deal, lets just hope they can get the system and games to us for launch. I ordered Sin City on DVD suring the 15% off deal (a week ago) and its still not here so I'm not holding my breath.

phorenzik

Novice Member
This implies to all supermarkets that sell games, not just ASDA:
I manage an indie games store and this doesn't surprise me. ASDA are always trying to put the little guys out of business by undercutting them. People don't realise that once us indies are gone, ASDA will yank their games prices upto full RRP as there will be no competition. ASDA don't allow you to trade old games in for new games, and are useless for technical knowledge. There stock allocations are also dubious. I know for a fact that most big ASDA stores got 5 copies (of each format) of FIFA 06, yet they advertised in all the papers at how low they were selling it for. The reason behind this is simple, it gets people in the store, they find out the game is sold out, and will most likely do their shopping while they are there. Don't count on getting a 360 at launch from any supermarket. On a further note, Microsoft are giving out their allocation quantities sometime next week, (Wednesday probably) and until that happens, nobody knows how many units they will receive. there is rumoured to be less than 200,000 at launch so a lot of people will be dissapointed come christmas.

Pooon

/\/\/\ Well said. Support your local indie

Moily

Novice Member
Cheers Branny! Just ordered one from Asda, and cancelled my Play.com order. Shame they haven't got more 360 games on there, though. The web-site is actually very poorly designed and coded, but you can't complain with a 10% discount!

Miyazaki

Novice Member
I plan on getting mine with 10% off at hmv using my NUS card! :D

MyBoxLife

Cheers branny, one ordered here. :)

mickrick

Banned
Cheers Branny. As a father of 3 and on Civil Servant's wages I won't be in the market for one for the forseeable future (heck, I only got an Xbox in March and even then that was second hand) but it's good to see you and people like you spread the word on these forums. Keep up the good work.

smashed

I just put an order thru my work email address. I have yet to have the email confirmation though, and therefore refreshed the confirmation page to check the order number. I am now worrying that I may have ordered twice. Definitely got at least 1 order though, but not got any emails.
Did your confirmation emails come through instantly? It could be the pesky email filter at work though :(
A warning about “subject to availability” also came up when I dropped it in the basket. Hoping that I can still get 1 on time.

smashed

Yes.. they have put the price up above RRP to counter their 10% offer.
Very naughty :(
Still no email yet, but definitely ordered according to their tracking facility.
Cheers for the heads up on the offer :smashin:

tutu

Damn should have ordered one. My brother wants one for christmas as well :rolleyes:

F

FGEvans

i cant get the 10% code to work now - has anyone else tried today

still want to get some games and managed to bag the 360 at Boots when they had their own 10% offer on last week (plus advantage points) - total £243.00

tutu

Doesn't work anymore. Shame I didn't know about the Boots offer - I suppose that has finished?

markymark34

No one is as good as me at missing these offers!

If there was an award i'd have it!

well done to those that got the discount :thumbsup:

brain_stew

Novice Member
Only777 said:
What are ASDA like for shipping early?
I can't vouch for pre-orders but I ordered Sin City a week last Saturday and the blasted thing still isn't here. I don't hold much faith in my Perfect Dark or GTA: LCS preorders arriving on time but they were unbelievably cheap so I'm not too fussed.

Indiana Jones

I dont know what Asda are like with pre-orders but I ordered Far Cry Instincts from them earlier in the week, it was posted Wednesday night and arrived Friday morning so I am going to cross my fingers and hope they ship my xbox 360 games on the Thursday so they get here for release day :)

Whether they will be able to deliver the console for release day is another matter lol

LEEMJONES

Novice Member
Got an email from ASDA....

We have issued the discount code “halloween05“ to specific customers & is non transferable.

Therefore as proof of issue by ASDA Entertainment, we require you to forward to us our correspondence offering you the opportunity to receive a 10% discount off your order.

We appologise if this offends, but it is necessary to prevent abuse of our discount codes.

Unfortunately non response of this email will result in your order being void & therefore we will have no alternative other than to cancel it.

Many Thanks

ASDA Entertainment Team

Looks like it was too good to be true, told them to go stick it then.Just lost £250 from me plus god knows how many others. Oh well better pay the extra £30 elsewhere!

harrisuk

Novice Member
If they havent taken the cash they dont have to honour it. It sucks but thats the way it is unfortunately. Question is will they do this with the games we ordered as well ?

250 quid is a great price though if anyone gets one. For the people asking about shipping times, the reall concern should be stock availability. I have a feeling the best chance of getting a 360 before Christmas will be with the large chains thats always get the lion share of stock.

Thats Dixon store group (Dixons, Currys, PCworld) Comet, Toys R Us, HMV, Game Really. DSG always without exception get the biggest allocation of stock in the UK.

Pooon

phorenzik said:
This implies to all supermarkets that sell games, not just ASDA:
I manage an indie games store and this doesn't surprise me. ASDA are always trying to put the little guys out of business by undercutting them. People don't realise that once us indies are gone, ASDA will yank their games prices upto full RRP as there will be no competition. ASDA don't allow you to trade old games in for new games, and are useless for technical knowledge. There stock allocations are also dubious. I know for a fact that most big ASDA stores got 5 copies (of each format) of FIFA 06, yet they advertised in all the papers at how low they were selling it for. The reason behind this is simple, it gets people in the store, they find out the game is sold out, and will most likely do their shopping while they are there. Don't count on getting a 360 at launch from any supermarket. On a further note, Microsoft are giving out their allocation quantities sometime next week, (Wednesday probably) and until that happens, nobody knows how many units they will receive. there is rumoured to be less than 200,000 at launch so a lot of people will be dissapointed come christmas.
I take it you people didn't read and digest this post then!