• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

xbox 360 freezes on start up !!!! help

readbmr

Banned
Hi, well this looks like the second time the 360 is going back to havnt, microsoft for repair again !!!!, ie this time the thing crashes on start up, i rang support and they coudnt help, they said will send me emty box to return and hopefully will get a new one , the last one i sent back had power supply problems, so if anybody can help me to try and stop it from freezing, id be most gratefull.
Getting realy frustrated now as looks as if im sending the console back more times that i have played it !!!

Hope to hear from somebody with same issues and if can be fixed..

Brian

R

rottyman

Sorry to hear that mate :thumbsdow

My first 360 had some freezing problems it would hang on rr6 and like yours it would sometimes hang on the loading screen. I phoned ms and got it replaced im also using the same power supply and hd from my old xbox so i think its most likely a hardware error inside the console

g00n3r

Established Member
Mine started freezing last weekend, once or twice, then four or five times and finally every 5 minutes so I called MS on Monday and waited for a call back... didn't get one. :mad:

Got through again on Tuesday, received the empty box yesterday, can't be picked up again till Monday. :mad:

Then after all this noticed the label said the repair centre is in Havant and I've already been there 3 times this week and could have dropped the bloody thing off! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The first 360 i got didnt work at all. There was red lights flashing, cant remember how many, but when i phoned M$, they said send it out. I wasnt prepared to get an unused 360 i had just bought for £280 repaired. So i took it staraight back to virgin and got a full refund

dllord

Established Member
Take it back where you got it from and get them to swap it for a new one, 360 are a lot more available now!

g00n3r

Established Member
Yeah you're right, I should take it back to Game.

Although after 30 days isn't your claim with the manufacturer, not the retailer?

As long as it's back for mid March when the new games land. :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom