xbox 360 Elite

W

wagger_12

i have just got a xbox 360 Elite but i had already had a xbox i was just wondering how do i get the old stuff off my hard drive on to the new 1! thanx

Jacksonjnr

If it is just game saves and your gamertag you want to move over you can use either the 64mb or the 512mb memory cards

W

wagger_12

Moogle

Distinguished Member
if they give it to you free of charge why didn't they just bundle it in the box?

Because not everyone needs it especially those who are buying a 360 for the first time which seems to comprise the majority of Elite purchasers at least according to MS. It would be a waste including it for those who didn't need it, just another added expense for MS.

Dazza

I bought an Elite and never used any transfer cables.
Just a memory card and everythings tickety boo ;)

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
You need a cable that microsoft will supply free of charge for a once only transfer of all your data.

"Once only transfer of all your data" ?

Will it self-distruct in ten seconds after the transfer kit has been used only once then? :D

KinkyAffro

Thinking of going down that route myself instead of :censored: about with MS, waiting for cables, having to go back to the shop at a later date just to get the 34 odd quid back for the HDD.

Did you trade in the old premium?

If so how did you wipe every trace of you (so to speak :D) off the old HD.
Is there a format button or something?

W

wagger_12

ive just gone and got my m8s memory card so how easy is it to do...can sum1 talk me thou it? will this take my game tag name and plus all my saved games?

Farrmark

Standard Member
Just go into the memory option on the System Blade and copy onto the memory card anything you want to move to the Elite 120GB HDD.

Don't bother with XBLA games, as you can simply redownload them onto the new console anyway and they take up loads of space anyway!!

Important/Easy things to move are:

Gamertag/Profile
Themes
Pictures

W

wagger_12

Just go into the memory option on the System Blade and copy onto the memory card anything you want to move to the Elite 120GB HDD.

Don't bother with XBLA games, as you can simply redownload them onto the new console anyway and they take up loads of space anyway!!

Important/Easy things to move are:

Gamertag/Profile
Themes
Pictures

thanx the memory is the smallest 1 you can get.so will it all fit on or can i just copy i few at a time?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom